Windows Defender Update Error Code: 0x80240022 is a fake alert pop up that made you aware about the health of your PC. In order to trick you it provides you a scary alert message on your screen regarding the security update or any other infections, but do not rely on it as it has nothing to with your betterment. It is actually a third party applications whose sole intention is to generate money for their sponsors. It seems to be legitimate at first instance but if you trust on this websites then you are paving a way for some malicious malware ejection, so it is better to avoid it. It sneaks inside the system very secretly and started to show its ill behavior. The Windows Defender Update Error Code: 0x80240022 is able to cause annoying pop-ups within major browsers, including Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Internet Explorer. Random tabs are opened automatically to affect your browsing activities. it installs additional programs like toolbar, unknown search engine and security tools without your consent to cover more part of the memory and affects its performance. It greatly affects the Internet performance and subsequently slows down its speed.
Windows Defender Update Error Code: 0x80240022 on entering will affect your PC performance, you system will start performing sluggishly and wizardly. It can steal your private data and transfer it to the hackers in order to invade your PC deeply. It can freezes up your screen and bombards it with annoying pop-ups. Windows Defender Update Error Code: 0x80240022 installs unwanted programs which may contain insecure code. It can also leads to change your default homepage settings and browser settings. It can open loopholes for other malwares like spyware, trojan and adware to infects your PC. So in order to mark your PC save Windows Defender Update Error Code: 0x80240022 needs to be removed as soon as possible.
Learn To Remove Windows Defender Update Error Code: 0x80240022 Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Windows Defender Update Error Code: 0x80240022 Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Windows Defender Update Error Code: 0x80240022 Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Windows Defender Update Error Code: 0x80240022 related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Windows Defender Update Error Code: 0x80240022 On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Windows Defender Update Error Code: 0x80240022 from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.