|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected _openme.txt Ransomware as threat to your computer|
|_openme.txt Ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|eGambit||5.347634||Variant of Win64/Trojan._openme.txt Ransomware.A|
|Suggestion: Uninstall _openme.txt Ransomware Completely – Free Download|
_openme.txt Ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them DropDMG 3.2.4 , Migration Assistant Update OS X Leopard 1.2.4 , Temple Garden 1.0 , DotGeek 0.6 , Simple Latin X 1.0 , The Missing Comic 1.1 , Canon CanoScan , Bag Of Unusual Strategy Games 1.3 , MP4 to iMovie Converter , Cinemagraph Pro 1.4 , Macindows 0.8 , MacMachBegone! 1.0.6 , Viscosity v1.4.8 , Codebook 4.5.2 , eMaps , TheBrain 184.108.40.206 , Desk Clock v1.1 , LaunchControl
Information About _openme.txt Ransomware And Its Act
_openme.txt Ransomware is a recently detected malware that has been designed to encrypt important files on targeted system and ask for ransom in exchange for a private decryption key. It has been identified that this ransomware is based upon an open source Ransomware and is part of the family which also has other malware as its member. The payload of this malware has been observed to be spreading through spam messages and software bundles that are successful in deceiving users about their legitimacy. _openme.txt Ransomware can make changes to system’s settings that allows it to remain within the system for long and be able to relaunch itself at every reboot of the system. It can even make changes that allows it to delete shadow volume of the system. The ransomware leaves ransom note that reveals the content and ask users to contact them to receive further instructions that will allow them to receive a decryption password.
_openme.txt Ransomware spreads using spam messages that are meant to alarm users and make them believe its legitimacy. It uses templates of reputed firms that carry logos and brand names in order to seem genuine. The subject lines may carry words such as invoice, detail, release, to catch user’s attention and make them click on the documents that are attached to the mail. These documents are embedded with macros that prompt users to click on them so that the details contained within the document could be better served to receivers. Once clicked on it, the scripts download the payload and drop it within the system at various subdirectories. _openme.txt Ransomware also uses software bundles that carry freeware and are received from sites which are not safe. The payload is hidden within these files which carry legitimate file formats and are executed while automatic installation of the package. The ransomware can also be installed from browser hijackers that allow access of system to extensions and add-ons that are specially designed fro this purpose. Soon after installation the ransomware makes changes such as creating, editing and deleting registry sub-keys of the operating system that allows it to run itself in the background. _openme.txt Ransomware can immediately scan the system and decide which files to encrypt depending upon its importance. It has been found to encrypt files such as texts, images, documents, audio, video, presentations, databases, archives and backups. _openme.txt Ransomware leaves ransom note which inform about the attack and give the email address to further contact. Users can use these instructions instead to remove the ransomware.
Remove _openme.txt Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove _openme.txt Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove _openme.txt Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To _openme.txt Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find _openme.txt Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove _openme.txt Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove _openme.txt Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the _openme.txt Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the _openme.txt Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.