What do you know about BASS-FES Ransomware?
BASS-FES Ransomware is a dangerous virus which is used for encrypting the files stored on victim's machine. Although, if you want to avoid such vicious threats, then you should stay away from visiting malicious websites. Otherwise, you can end up with the malware that seeks to encrypt your vital files and then force you to pay a required fee for the decryption key. In this case, the extortionists behind this ransomware instruct the victimized users to pay ransom money in bitcoins and it is the only way that helps in this situation. Once it infiltrates the targeted computer, the first thing that it does is the computer's scan. After scanning the machine and finding predetermined files, BASS-FES Ransomware enciphers them using strong file encryption algorithm. After that, each of the affected system files becomes locked and inaccessible. However, if you try to open any of these files, you may see a pop-up notification on your system screen which informs you about the whole situation.
Do You Need To Pay Ransom Fee Asked by Hackers
Please, do not pay the ransom i.e. 1 BTC approximately equal to 8019 USD (at the time of writing this article) to the BTC wallet address '18Cgi9ADqH9NsG6zqW2xEh7w16dQM6Rvix' provided by the hackers responsible for BASS-FES Ransomware attack in the displayed ransom notification. The crooks also informs the victims that after paying the asked ransom fee, they need to send an email to the address '[email protected]' to let the operators know about ransom payment. However, you should avoid paying ransom fee because you can never be sure that it will help you to get a decryption key needed for file restoration.
If you have been using reliable backups and now you have just discovered that your PC is infected with such nasty ransomware, then you should try to restore your system files from there. Of course, you should also make sure that all harmful files including the ones that belongs to BASS-FES Ransomware are removed before doing so. One of the easiest way to perform its removal is to run a full computer scan with an updated anti-malware shield. For that, the RMV security experts highly recommend using the one provided below in this article. In case, if you have no idea what actually backup means, then you should try data recovery program which is mentioned at the end of this post that may help you to retrieve some of your vital data.
A: How To Remove BASS-FES Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill BASS-FES Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the BASS-FES Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall BASS-FES Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all BASS-FES Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore BASS-FES Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing BASS-FES Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing BASS-FES Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by BASS-FES Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.