|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected DBL Ransomware as threat to your computer|
|DBL Ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|SentinelOne (Static ML)||2018.1.3609||Non-specific|
|Arcabit||8.133652||Variant of Win32/Trojan.DBL Ransomware.B|
|Suggestion: Uninstall DBL Ransomware Completely – Free Download|
DBL Ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Ultimate Travel Widget 1.6 , i_ching_boc 0.6.02 , 4Videosoft DVD to Creative Zen Converter , Poker Superstars II 1.0.21 , BitNami concrete5 CMS Stack 184.108.40.206-0 , MacSniffer 1.0b1 , TimeLog 4.6.1 , Oops! 1.0.4 , Textation X 1.1.1 , iConquer Plug-in Kit 4.0 , Wacom Tablet Driver 4.78-2 , Xenophaquinox 2.1 , QueueIt! 1.0 , Mr. Jones’ Graveyard Shift 2.0
Facts Worth Knowing About DBL Ransomware Virus
DBL Ransomware is a precarious cyber infection which is known to alter the Windows registry entries right after its successful invasion on the system. Once installed, the malware encrypts the valuable data stored on infected machines and appends a file extension to them. By adding this weird extension to important system files, the ransomware makes the encoded files completely inaccessible for the victimized users. In order to make the files unusable, DBL Ransomware threat uses RSA encryption algorithm and targets the popular files like video, documents, text, audio, images, spreadsheets, presentations and similar data.
How To Identify DBL Ransomware Attack On Your System?
After that, the DBL Ransomware displays a ransom note which informs the computer users about this vicious attack and the encryption of their important PC files as well. Cyber extortionists responsible for this vicious attack suggest compromised system users contact them by using the email address to follow the instructions and gain access to their important computer files. The hackers behind DBL Ransomware virus demand few dollars from the victims of this malware in the form of Bitcoin to provide a decryptor for enciphered data.
Technically speaking, each time when the file-encrypting virus infiltrates the targeted Windows systems, the threat uses different encryption algorithm to encipher the specific file types for getting ransom money from the affected users. Although, the decryption utility mainly stored on the Command and Control server of DBL Ransomware controlled by hackers which makes it completely difficult for the victimized users to decode their files and use them without paying ransom fee to them.
Is It Worth Paying Ransom Fee To DBL Ransomware Developers?
In case, if you extremely need access to your computer files, never try to pay asked ransom money to the operators of DBL Ransomware infection. This is because, paying ransom fee can cause bigger trouble for you. According to the cyber security analysts at RMV, threat actors mainly try to mislead system users into paying asked ransom money and right after getting the ransom payment, the cyber criminals leave the victimized users without providing them a right decryption tool.
Best Way To Deal With DBL Ransomware Infection
As a result, you may encounter both data and money loss because catching these thieves are almost impossible because the ransom payments are made in cryptocurrency that makes them anonymous to the malware analysts. Therefore, it is quite important for you to avoid paying asked ransom fee and take immediate action to remove DBL Ransomware from the system using a powerful anti-malware tool and try to restore the precious files with the help of backup copies or employing a reputable data recovery software.
A: How To Remove DBL Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill DBL Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the DBL Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall DBL Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all DBL Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore DBL Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing DBL Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing DBL Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by DBL Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.