On Internet, there are several types of malware available that affect Windows machine. Recently team of malware researchers have discovered a new malware dubbed as TeleGrab that mainly targets the Telegram desktop users. If you are one of the regular Telegram users and want to avoid such a malware attack then you must know complete details about it, so keep reading this post completely. Here you will know actually what is it and how can you get rid of TeleGrab.
TeleGrab : Latest Malware That Threatens Telegram Users
TeleGrab, a new malware that enables cyber hackers to grab the browser credentials and decryption keys from the Telegram sessions. First of all it has been noticed by researchers on April 04th 2018 and and it's variant on April 10th, 2018. First version of such a malware is known for stealing users browser credentials, text files and cookies from the PC. Whereas the second version has ability to gather Telegram's desktop cache, encryption key files and the login data for Steam site. According to the researchers, it doesn't exploit any Telegram vulnerability. Instead of this, it affects desktop version of the Telegram and weak the default settings. Some of the security analysts are listed it as an information stealer malware that aim to target Telegram instant messaging service.
Harmful Traits of TeleGrab
The con artists or developers of TeleGrab are promoted it and presented it to System users as helpful cloud-based mobile application and desktop managing application that mainly focuses on the speed and security. But in reality, it is another most vicious and dangerous Trojan infection that allows hackers to extract users data from the Telegram messenger cache and hijack the active sessions by transferring cache. Many researchers reported that it uses a clever method to circumvent end-to-end file encryption and gain complete access to user's account of Telegram. Compared with large bot networks, TeleGrab is used by the large criminal enterprise. Apart from this, it is capable to slows down Computer speed, alter entire System setting, disable firewall settings etc. Therefore, the elimination of TeleGrab is highly recommended from PC.
Infiltration Methods of TeleGrab
Being a vicious, invasive, intrusive, dangerous and malicious malware TeleGrab uses numerous social engineering tactics and deceptive ways but some of the most common distribution channels are :
- Spam email campaigns
- Freeware or shareware downloads
- P2P file sharing networks
- Fake software updates
- Contaminated external devices etc.
How to Remove TeleGrab from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall TeleGrab from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to TeleGrab using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find TeleGrab
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate TeleGrab.
Step3: How to Uninstall TeleGrab from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to TeleGrab and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to TeleGrab and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose TeleGrab and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select TeleGrab and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete TeleGrab Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type TeleGrab to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all TeleGrab named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only TeleGrab entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of TeleGrab, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.