|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected ZATROV ransomware as threat to your computer|
|ZATROV ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|AVG||5.122833||Variant of Win64/Trojan.ZATROV ransomware.B|
|Suggestion: Uninstall ZATROV ransomware Completely – Free Download|
ZATROV ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery , iSwig 1.1.1 , iTunes Menu 1.0 , Sports Fan Widget 1.3.71 , Bible-Discovery , Extensis PhotoGraphics 1.0.1 , GraphicsFormats 5.0 , Civil Netizen b8 , OrgPlanner 10.0.4 , OTX Reputation Monitor Alert 1.0 , Open Tuning 1.5.1 , Burn 1.0b8 , xmmx nimbusblue 1.0 , Vroom Vroom!!! 1.4 , iClap 1.0 , Swar Studio Recorder
Detailed Information Of ZATROV ransomware
ZATROV ransomware is an updated version of its previous Ransomware that uses strong RSA cipher algorithm to lock users files in order to lock their all stored data such as audios or videos files, images, databases, PDFs, documents and many more. It locks up user data by zipping it and adding to a folder. The targeted objects of this ransomware can be identified easily because it appends an file extension to the end of the file name. After locking users files, it displays a ransom note on users screen which is typically written in a language other than english.
Points That Make ZATROV ransomware Different From Its Previous Version
First of all, ZATROV ransomware was reported by the security analysts recently. This variant of ransomware often based on act that malware payload is spread as the password-protected ZIP files. Opening of any malicious ZIP file may lead your System to this infection. This ransomware is too much similar with other dangerous ransomware family. According to the researchers, this ransomware is not controlled by same team behind original project. It was found by Michael Gillespie researcher, who concluded that it functions in a new way. It takes users files in any provided folder and then after put them into the password-protected ZIP container.
Do Not Believe On Ransom Note Message Of ZATROV ransomware
The affected System users may find an unknown file under AppDatafolder and on the desktop screen. Most of the affected user easily get agreed to pay ransom demanded fee in order to decrypt files but it is one of the worst decision of their life forever because there is no any assurances delivered by its developer that you will get the decryption key even paying the large sum of ransom fee. Therefore, System users must take an immediate action regarding the deletion of ZATROV ransomware from their PC.
A: How To Remove ZATROV ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill ZATROV ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the ZATROV ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall ZATROV ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all ZATROV ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore ZATROV ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing ZATROV ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing ZATROV ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by ZATROV ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.