Topinambour : Another Trojan Dropper Created By Turla APT Hacking Group
Topinambour is a new Trojan dropper that has been added by a infamous hacking group named Turla APT as a hacking utility to rich arsenal. This hacking group have been active over the cyber world since 2008 and supposed to be linked to Russian Government. It has compromised wide range of PC by creating several Trojan dropper and Topinambour is the latest one. Since, it is a type of malicious, vicious, dangerous and worst Trojan infection, so it causes serious of serious damages on targeted machine. Before knowing on how can you get rid of Topinambour, you must know about it's transmission preferences and negative traits.
Threat Summary of Topinambour
- Threat's Name – Topinambour
- Category – Trojan, Malware, Virus
- Risk Level –
- Created By – Turla APT
- Related – mvstrat.exe.sha1, 1931VWVqXmbSyEHbtZhP5Fv92tmdkNyx1v, Backdoor.Qakbot.gen!A etc.
- Affected OS – Windows 32 & 64
- Description – Topinambour is a worst malware that serves as a backdoor to allow the additional and sophisticated malware on compromised machine.
- Removal – Possible, to get rid of Topinambour easily, you must opt an effective Windows Scanner Tool.
Transmission Preferences of Topinambour
Since, Topinambour is a creation of Turla hacking group so most of the times, it spreads via the legitimate program installer that carried out the payload of this malware. When user download and install their desired utility, it will execute normally and it's threatening actions will remain under radar of victim. Actually, it's creator means Turla hacking group have set up the various fraudulent pages where they really hosted the infected installer. It's sample can be found in the fake or pirated version of the software suites and in the illicit activators for Microsoft Office products.
Notorious Actions Performed By Topinambour
Once getting inside the targeted machine, Topinambour do various illegal actions. It establishes contact as well as connection with C&C servers of attacker and then it will lay await and low commands. This type of malware is used as the first stage of payload and it's primary purpose is to allow attacker to access to another hacking utility to infected or compromised host. It causes various serious troubles for targeted victims, so the removal of Topinambour is essential. Some of it's worst behavior are :
- Taking screenshots of desktop screen.
- Collecting of user's files as well as data.
- Planting of several malicious malware on targeted machine.
- Executing of several remote commands.
- Collecting of user's system as well as network details.
- Disabling of the firewall settings and all security measures etc.
How to Remove Topinambour from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall Topinambour from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to Topinambour using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find Topinambour
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate Topinambour.
Step3: How to Uninstall Topinambour from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to Topinambour and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to Topinambour and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose Topinambour and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select Topinambour and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete Topinambour Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type Topinambour to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all Topinambour named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only Topinambour entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of Topinambour, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.