|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected Afrodita Ransomware as threat to your computer|
|Afrodita Ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|AhnLab-V3||8.155604||Variant of Win32/Trojan.Afrodita Ransomware.C|
|Web Security Guard||5.0.117||SecureCleaner, ClipGenie|
|Suggestion: Uninstall Afrodita Ransomware Completely – Free Download|
Afrodita Ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Body Mass Index 1.2 , PriceWatcher 1.7.5 , Process Manager 1.6 , CalendarCenter 5.7 , DropImage X 2.7 , JLearnIt 5.0 , Sleipnir 4.5.1 , Ninja Chat Icon Set 1.0 , PatentCog 1.0b8 , Quaver 1.3.1 , Curl RTE 8.0.4 , DieticianX Widget 1.0 , DBStore 1.0 , Sophie 1.02K , SB-World 1.0.1 , MovieDek 1.1
Detailed Information Of Afrodita Ransomware
Afrodita Ransomware is an updated version of its previous Ransomware that uses strong RSA cipher algorithm to lock users files in order to lock their all stored data such as audios or videos files, images, databases, PDFs, documents and many more. It locks up user data by zipping it and adding to a folder. The targeted objects of this ransomware can be identified easily because it appends an file extension to the end of the file name. After locking users files, it displays a ransom note on users screen which is typically written in a language other than english.
Points That Make Afrodita Ransomware Different From Its Previous Version
First of all, Afrodita Ransomware was reported by the security analysts recently. This variant of ransomware often based on act that malware payload is spread as the password-protected ZIP files. Opening of any malicious ZIP file may lead your System to this infection. This ransomware is too much similar with other dangerous ransomware family. According to the researchers, this ransomware is not controlled by same team behind original project. It was found by Michael Gillespie researcher, who concluded that it functions in a new way. It takes users files in any provided folder and then after put them into the password-protected ZIP container.
Do Not Believe On Ransom Note Message Of Afrodita Ransomware
The affected System users may find an unknown file under AppDatafolder and on the desktop screen. Most of the affected user easily get agreed to pay ransom demanded fee in order to decrypt files but it is one of the worst decision of their life forever because there is no any assurances delivered by its developer that you will get the decryption key even paying the large sum of ransom fee. Therefore, System users must take an immediate action regarding the deletion of Afrodita Ransomware from their PC.
Remove Afrodita Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Afrodita Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Afrodita Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Afrodita Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Afrodita Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Afrodita Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Afrodita Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Afrodita Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Afrodita Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.