|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected Erif Ransomware as threat to your computer|
|Erif Ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|Alibaba||6.555142||Variant of Win32/Trojan.Erif Ransomware.A|
|Suggestion: Uninstall Erif Ransomware Completely – Free Download|
Erif Ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them dockDoubler X 1.1 , UltraMixer 5.0.3 , ZugVoegel 1.2.1 , Web Site Maestro 4.7.3 , DYMO Stamps 2.15.1 , otx 0.17 , Vintage 1.0 , Norwegian Safari Localization 1.1 , Docklets 1.0 , Disco DJ 2.3.2 , Neverputt ME 184.108.40.206 , SneakPeek Pro 1.6.1 , Doodle Devil 2.1.2 , Shotcut 15.06 , Elements+ for PSE 8 1.0
In-depth Information Regarding Erif Ransomware
Erif Ransomware is a file encrypting malware that can be damaging for the function of a targeted system. Security researchers discovered this trojan recently. The ransomware shares many of its features with other ransomware that have gained popularity. These malware share similar features of file encryption. They accomplish this by infecting a system with infectious payload that easily gets distributed through spam mails and bundled softwares. The mail containing Erif Ransomware is designed to catch user’s attention by putting names of reputed firms and displaying their design templates. This can easily deceive users and make them read the attachments of these messages. The payloads are generally embedded within the documents that wants users to click on them so that the executable file can enable itself and secretly install within the system. Erif Ransomware has been observed to be spreading using software bundles which carries the payload within a legitimate file format which makes it successful in evading detection from users or their weak anti-virus application. The purpose of this ransomware is to make users believe that only the threat actors can help them in decrypting their files back for which users need to pay a heavy ransom so that they can obtain a private decryption key from the hackers.
Erif Ransomware immediately after getting installed encrypts several files such as images, texts, audio, video, documents, databases, archives and backups using a strong AES-256 encryption algorithm. This is followed by changing the file names of encrypted files and adding an extension to the files. The files soon become unreadable by the operating system and hence is of no use unless restored using strong data recovery software, such as one provided here. The encrypted files can be identified carrying a white icon. Erif Ransomware immediately places a ransom note in every folder of the system and also on the desktop. The note is contained in a file. The contents of the file inform users that their system has been attacked by the ransomware and the files have been encrypted which can only be recovered by a private decryption key that was sent to remote servers. If users would like to recover their files and obtain that decryption key they need to contact on the mentioned email address. This is unlikely to help users affected by this ransomware and hence they should never contact them. Erif Ransomware has been found to negotiate the ransom amount however users can follow these steps to remove it completely.
Remove Erif Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Erif Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Erif Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Erif Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Erif Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Erif Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Erif Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Erif Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Erif Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.