This post is all about the new iteration of Jigsaw Ransomware named Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware that uses .dat suffix to target users files and then asks victims to pay $150USD. If you are another victim of this ransomware and looking for an appropriate Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware removal guidelines then keep reading this post and carry out the provided Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware removal instruction as in the exact order.
Summary of Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware
|Name of Threat||Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware|
|Risk Level||Very High|
|Variant of||Jigsaw Ransomware|
|Discovered on||August 7, 2018|
|Primarily Targeted||Turkey users|
|Affected Systems||Windows OS|
|To delete Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware and decrypt .dat files, users must download Windows Scanner Tool.|
Complete Information of Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware
Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware is a latest variant of Jigsaw Ransomware that come out in summer of 2018. First of all team of security analysts are discovered it on August 7, 2018 and seems that it primarily targeted the Turkey users but it doesn't mean that it cannot affect other speaking System users. According to the researchers, it attached .dat suffix to end of the targeted filenames and delete the Shadow Volume snapshots of original files. It is created by its con artists in such a way that it can compromise System executing on Windows based Operating System and target almost all file types including audio or video files, documents, presentations, PDFs, images, spreadsheets and many more.
Upon performing the successful file encryption procedure, it displays a ransom note in HTA application window that informs victims about the encryption procedure of Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware and instructs victims to pay $500 in BTC. Once getting ransom note, most of the System users easily decided to pay ransom demanded fee but team of security analysts are not recommended to do because like predecessor variant, it also doesn't deliver guarantee to decrypt files even paying large sum of ransom demanded fee. Therefore, it is highly advised affected users to get rid of Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware.
Distribution Channels of Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware
- Spam campaigns including dubious attachments and malicious link.
- Shareware or freeware downloads including additional component.
- Infected peripheral devices used to transfer or share data.
- Infected or malicious site including several third-party or suspicious ads.
- P2P file sharing network, drive-by-downloads, fake software installers etc.
How To Remove Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware related programs.
Remove Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware related entries.
Remove Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free Jigsaw-Dat Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.