|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected .zax File Virus as threat to your computer|
|.zax File Virus is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|CrowdStrike Falcon (ML)||7.4.509135||Trj.Win64..zax File Virus.CC|
|Ad-Aware||6.412345||Variant of Win32/Trojan..zax File Virus.A|
|SecureBrain||3.0.625||SongSpy, Qtvglped Toolbar|
|Suggestion: Uninstall .zax File Virus Completely – Free Download|
.zax File Virus may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Photoshirk 1.1 , Bijou 1.4.0 , Classic Platinum 2.0 , iVideo 0.7.2 , XRG , Macally iShock/iShock II 1.0.4 , iSkysoft PDF Editor , Graffiti 1.0.15 , Retrospect 10.2.0.201 , Ainsoft Video to Audio Converter , ScreenSleeves 4.0 , QueueNotice 1.3 , Triazzle Island 1.0 , Background Calendar 1.0
Information About .zax File Virus And Its Act
.zax File Virus is a recently detected malware that has been designed to encrypt important files on targeted system and ask for ransom in exchange for a private decryption key. It has been identified that this ransomware is based upon an open source Ransomware and is part of the family which also has other malware as its member. The payload of this malware has been observed to be spreading through spam messages and software bundles that are successful in deceiving users about their legitimacy. .zax File Virus can make changes to system’s settings that allows it to remain within the system for long and be able to relaunch itself at every reboot of the system. It can even make changes that allows it to delete shadow volume of the system. The ransomware leaves ransom note that reveals the content and ask users to contact them to receive further instructions that will allow them to receive a decryption password.
.zax File Virus spreads using spam messages that are meant to alarm users and make them believe its legitimacy. It uses templates of reputed firms that carry logos and brand names in order to seem genuine. The subject lines may carry words such as invoice, detail, release, to catch user’s attention and make them click on the documents that are attached to the mail. These documents are embedded with macros that prompt users to click on them so that the details contained within the document could be better served to receivers. Once clicked on it, the scripts download the payload and drop it within the system at various subdirectories. .zax File Virus also uses software bundles that carry freeware and are received from sites which are not safe. The payload is hidden within these files which carry legitimate file formats and are executed while automatic installation of the package. The ransomware can also be installed from browser hijackers that allow access of system to extensions and add-ons that are specially designed fro this purpose. Soon after installation the ransomware makes changes such as creating, editing and deleting registry sub-keys of the operating system that allows it to run itself in the background. .zax File Virus can immediately scan the system and decide which files to encrypt depending upon its importance. It has been found to encrypt files such as texts, images, documents, audio, video, presentations, databases, archives and backups. .zax File Virus leaves ransom note which inform about the attack and give the email address to further contact. Users can use these instructions instead to remove the ransomware.
A: How To Remove .zax File Virus From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill .zax File Virus Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the .zax File Virus related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall .zax File Virus From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all .zax File Virus related items from list.
B: How to Restore .zax File Virus Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing .zax File Virus from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing .zax File Virus from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by .zax File Virus with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.