Woollike.com may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Quick Links 1.0 , Dreamland Checker 1b5 , TITrans 2.0.0 , Time Zone Screen Saver 1.2 , Photo Video Pro 3.3.1 , SteadyTune 1.1 , Missing Sync for Palm Pre 1.2.0 , Ballistik Pro 1.2b19 , 4Videosoft iRiver Video Converter , RetroLog 1.0b1
|Displayed publisher: Woollike.com|
|Installation folder: C:\Program Files\Woollike.com|
|Program executable: Woollike.com.exe|
|Path: C:\Program Files\Woollike.com\Woollike.com.exe|
|Addition Files (Malware Detected)|
|(Malware detected) Woollike.com.dll|
|Trojan.Win32.Woollike.com.CA by Jiangmin|
|Variant of Win32/Trojan.Woollike.com.C by VX Vault|
|DefaultTab-Search Results by Sophos AV|
|Uninstall Woollike.com Now!|
Info About Woollike.com
Woollike.com is an dangerous malware that has been classified as a browser hijacker. It shows many symptoms of an advanced hijacker that can be used by cyber-criminals to severely damage the targeted system. The hijacker is extremely annoying as it keeps displaying pop-ups asking users to allow it to bring unwanted changes in the web-browser’s default settings. Woollike.com has been developed to exploit users using various deceiving means. It can make changes that allows it to remain in the system for long, and the longer it stays the more harm it is capable of doing. It can be used to install other malicious malware into the browser such as extensions and add-ons that can be used to exploit system even further. Woollike.com can be used to gather data related to targeted system and can even read details regarding users. It has been found to be capable of gathering data related to fields such as user’s name, demographic detail, email address, IP address, URLs visited, keyword searched for, results viewed, details filled in the pages, stored account information such as password, browsing history and cookies.
Woollike.com has been designed to allow cyber-criminals an easy way to generate money by using targeted system as a host, it displays promotional content in form of ads, deals, and pop-ups that are used to capture user’s attention. The purpose is to make users click on these content that will help developers to generate money by getting monetary compensation from third party sellers. The data gathered from the interface of Woollike.com can be analyzed to serve relevant ads and tailor-made deals which can be used to gather further information from users such as their banking credentials. Users should be warned before carry out any financial transaction on suspicious sites as the information can be stolen and can be used to carry-out banking frauds. Woollike.com can even be used to expose the system to other malicious malware. It can make changes to existing firewall settings that can allow it to manage and download extensions that can be specifically developed to harm the system. Users may find it difficult to remove it from the system once gains control of the browser, hence this guide can help them to remove it.
Manual Steps to Remove Woollike.com From Your Hijacked Browser
Simple Steps To Remove Infection From Your Browser
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove Woollike.com related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete Woollike.com completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean Woollike.com related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall Woollike.com and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With Woollike.com
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the Woollike.com related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove Woollike.com related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove Woollike.com related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove Woollike.com related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of Woollike.com from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.