MY DECRYPTOR Virus : Arrives in a Spam Email
MY DECRYPTOR Virus defines new crypto-malware and its modus doesn't differ from other malicious file-encoder malwares nor it contains and type of peculiar elements, but its distribution method indeed raises high suspicion. It mainly targets the Windows users through spam email attachments which is supposedly arrived from reputed companies. Needless to say, the junk message is not delivered from any kind of legitimate company, instead it poses a counterfeited message produced by criminal hackers. In the beginning of spam messages displayed by MY DECRYPTOR Virus, an additional notification suggests system users to download a program. Though the displayed link leads targeted computer users to the official website, but the real menace lies in a malicious zip folder that the malware contains.
The folder equipped with the nasty payload of MY DECRYPTOR Virus contains a VBS script which then downloads the main harmful payload of this threat. Within just few minutes, the malware encrypts all the files stored in targeted computers and then append a weird file extension onto it. It also displays a ransom notification onto the computer screen in the Documents or another location like C folder. In exchange to the sensitive files, the creators of this ransomware demands 0.36 BTC which is approximately equal to 2079 USD based on the current exchange rate. Though it is a dangerous malware, you should look for another way to decode your valuable files instead of paying ransom money to the criminal hackers. However, before going for data recovery procedure, you should delete MY DECRYPTOR Virus from your PC as soon as possible.
MY DECRYPTOR Virus Keeps Expanding at Lightning Rate
If you follow the cyber news, you might notice that the title of such ransomware virus is often mentioned by the security investigators. There have been a number of new versions appearing over the cyber space. Some versions of precarious viruses like MY DECRYPTOR Virus, only cause a headache for the victimized computer users but also amusement for the malware researchers as well. However, this is a not a special or different case. The malvertising spam messages that the criminal hackers intend to distribute over the file-encrypting virus over the Internet. They also set the time limit for paying ransom money. Therefore, it is important for you to take immediate action for its complete removal from your PC.
Remove MY DECRYPTOR Virus From Your PC
Step 1: Remove MY DECRYPTOR Virus in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove MY DECRYPTOR Virus using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To MY DECRYPTOR Virus
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find MY DECRYPTOR Virus related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove MY DECRYPTOR Virus Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove MY DECRYPTOR Virus related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the MY DECRYPTOR Virus virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the MY DECRYPTOR Virus infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.