This article is specially written for those victims who want to delete PortReuse Backdoor Trojan from the deceived computer system and the provided removal tips are easily applicable on each Windows version as well as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer etc.
Profile Of Threat
|Threat Type||Backdoor Trojan|
|Detected By||The ESET researchers|
|Belongs To||Chinese Government|
|Developed By||Winnti Group or APT41 (Advanced Persistent Threat)|
|Symptoms||This trojan is a supply chain attack against the video game developer of Asian organization.|
|Affected System||8/8.1, 10, Vista, Win 32/64, XP, 7.|
|Infected Web Browser||Edge, Opera, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.|
|Targets||Asian mobile hardware and software manufacturer.|
|Propagative Ways||Click commercial ads embedded malicious codes, untrustworthy downloading sources etc.|
|Detection Tool||If your computer system is not functioning properly then must use this Windows Detection Tool for the deep scanning of whole devices.|
|Data Recovery Tool||If any users filers got corrupted due to the presence of this threat then through Data Recovery Tool you can efficiently recover all files back.|
Facts To Be Known About PortReuse
PortReuse is an immensely mendacious computer infection that is categorized under the Backdoor Trojan family. It was identified by ESET researchers who detected it as a notorious hacking tool that was active since 2013 and was developed by the in-famous Winnti hacking group which is also known as APT41 (Advanced Persistent Threat ) that is supposed to be sponsored by the Chinese Government. It can easily contaminates several Web Browser Search Engines like Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome etc and eminent Windows Operating System like XP, 7, Vista, 10, Win 32/64, 8/8.1 etc. This was specially launched for attacking the high-profile Asian mobile hardware and software manufacturer. The chief aim of developing such cyber threat by the crooks is to extract tremendous amount illegal money from the victim of the contaminated machines.
Common Behavior Of PortReuse
PortReuse is a severely injurious threat which was internationally designed for attacking the Asian corporation who is having specialization in developing mobile softwares as well as producing mobile hardwares for the company. This is capable of invading the victimized system very silently through email spam campaigns, online gaming server, downloading torrents websites, fake invoices, pornographic or adult sites, reading junked e-mail attachments, corrupted external drives, fake software updater, infected Microsoft Office documents, hacked executable files, software bundling method, click commercial ads embedded malicious codes, untrustworthy downloading sources, free file hosting websites etc. This uses NetAgent listener for injecting some malicious codes into the processes and can easily drops embedded .Net app which is created for launching packer shellcode in the form of executable files.
Negative Effects Of PortReuse
PortReuse is a harmful threat which is capable of attacking the Asian mobile software developing and hardware manufacturing company. It can stops the working operation of the firewall protection settings and anti-malware programs of the infected machines. It can also install or download certain malicious content directly into the affected system without user consent.
How To Get Rid Of PortReuse
When you realize that your system is got infected by a dangerous threat then without wasting the time you must remove PortReuse from the corrupted system by using a trustworthy anti-virus program which is able to detect its presence and can efficiently delete it from the infected device.
How to Remove PortReuse from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall PortReuse from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to PortReuse using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find PortReuse
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate PortReuse.
Step3: How to Uninstall PortReuse from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to PortReuse and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to PortReuse and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose PortReuse and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select PortReuse and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete PortReuse Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type PortReuse to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all PortReuse named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only PortReuse entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of PortReuse, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.