WHAT IS BOOM RANSOMWARE?
Boom ransomware is type of ransomware that encrypts data and demands money and changes the desktop background. Once infected it affects hard drive, crashes data ,boot errors etc on compromised PC. It states that there is only one way to get back access to the locked file again,that is by using decryption key. It is done by hackers ,they demand bitcoin,claiming that,if you pay, your files will be decrypted. Even if you pay the stipulated ransom, they don't decrypt your file . And all the encrypted files get renamed by adding the “Boom” extension to each file. For example 55.doc will be renamed as 55.boom.
How do Boom Ransomware infects computer?
Boom Ransomware mostly attack PC through Spam Email campagins, trojans, fake software updater.and send the cryptovirus that locks all files they send message on your computer to pay a ransom. They encrypt personal files with .BOOM as suffix. Boom extension virus scans all files and then they locked the files. But systemic files are not affected by attackers. So,you can use your system,but you can't access your personal files.
After encryption of your personal files such as( Audio files,videos file,Document file,image file,Backup files,Banking credential etc.) it drops a ransom note which is displayed to your computer screen in the form of text file that reads:
in Boom Ransomeware
All Your Files Have Been Encrypted With Password
To Show The Password You Enter PIN First
See you soon
Inorder to get PIN ,which unlock the encrypted files,they demand money. But stop if you are thinking to give ransom. Because there are some methods by which you can be overcome with this problem.
HOW TO PROTECT YOUR PC FROM BOOM RANSOMWARE
- if your system is infected,don't use internet.
- Software should be updated regularly.
- Never click on links or download doubtful sites.
- Back up your data.
- Aware your family members,relatives and friends about Boom Ransomware.
A: How To Remove Boom Ransomware From Your PC
Step: 1 How to Reboot Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
Step: 2 How to Kill Boom Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard
- It will Open Task manager on Windows
- Go to Process tab, find the Boom Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Step: 3 Uninstall Boom Ransomware From Windows Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Boom Ransomware related items from list.
B: How to Restore Boom Ransomware Encrypted Files
Method: 1 By Using ShadowExplorer
After removing Boom Ransomware from PC, it is important that users should restore encrypted files. Since, ransomware encrypts almost all the stored files except the shadow copies, one should attempt to restore original files and folders using shadow copies. This is where ShadowExplorer can prove to be handy.
- Once downloaded, install ShadowExplorer in your PC
- Double Click to open it and now select C: drive from left panel
- In the date filed, users are recommended to select time frame of atleast a month ago
- Select and browse to the folder having encrypted data
- Right Click on the encrypted data and files
- Choose Export option and select a specific destination for restoring the original files
Method:2 Restore Windows PC to Default Factory Settings
Following the above mentioned steps will help in removing Boom Ransomware from PC. However, if still infection persists, users are advised to restore their Windows PC to its Default Factory Settings.
System Restore in Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Method:3 Using Data Recovery Software
Restore your files encrypted by Boom Ransomware with help of Data Recovery Software
We understand how important is data for you. Incase the encrypted data cannot be restored using the above methods, users are advised to restore and recover original data using data recovery software.