An Introduction To Thunder Ransomware
Thunder Ransomware is a type of cryptovirus and was reported on July 17th, 2018. it is created by the hackers to solve their wrong motivation. It is very harmful for the computer system and sneak silently into your computer without any consent. This ransomware is very effective and useful for the hackers by which they can easily generate profit. It encrypts your files and lock them to make your files unable to open and read. Your system will also get locked and you will need the decryption key to open your files. This article is illustrating all about the Thunder Ransomware. Read the article carefully to get a quick solution of this problem.
How Does Thunder Ransomware Enter Into Your System
Thunder Ransomware enters via peer to peer file transfer, spoofed email, downloading the software from malicious websites, online ads, social media, unpatched software etc.
Encryption Process Of Thunder Ransomware
Thunder Ransomware encrypts your files via using the extension and it change your file name by putting the extension as a suffix. The file name will get changed after adding the extension. The file format which get encrypted by this ransomware are images, documents, video, audio, spreadsheets, power-point and etc. The file format which get encrypted are as .doc, .mp3, .mp4, .xls, .ppt, .pptx, .jpg, .jpeg etc.
What Are The Bad Impacts Of Thunder Ransomware
Thunder Ransomware is very harmful and it provides various kinds of hazardous environment. Once it locks your files, it will start doing it's malicious activities. Thunder Ransomware make your machine inaccessible and you will be unable to open your files. Because of this reason you can say that it is very harmful and you will need a decryption code to open your files. This means that hackers grab the benefits after locking your files.
They warn you to pay the ransom amount in Bitcoin or 40.000 USD to get the decryption key. They drop the ransom note on your desktop and give a warning message to alert you to pay this amount in a given deadline. If you will be fail to pay the amount, your all files will get deleted by them. But you should never pay the amount because there is no guarantee that you will get back your files. So, it is much better that you should use the data recovery software to recover your all files.
How To Remove Thunder Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End Thunder Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the Thunder Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall Thunder Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Thunder Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall Thunder Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete Thunder Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete Thunder Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all Thunder Ransomware related programs.
Remove Thunder Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all Thunder Ransomware related entries.
Remove Thunder Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the Thunder Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free Thunder Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.