|Warning, many anti-virus scanner have detected .Pumax Ransomware as threat to your computer|
|.Pumax Ransomware is flagged by these Anti Virus Scanner|
|Anti Virus Software||Version||Detection|
|ZoneAlarm by Check Point||2018.0.1451||Generic|
|AhnLab-V3||1.511433||Variant of Win32/Trojan..Pumax Ransomware.C|
|Web Security Guard||3.0.615||BDS/Bifrose.EO.47.backdoor, SemErros|
|Suggestion: Uninstall .Pumax Ransomware Completely – Free Download|
.Pumax Ransomware may have entered your pc through these software. If you have not installed them , then get rid of them Diskaid v6.6.3 , MacDim 2.2.1 , iFunia PDF2SWF , Mona 3.0 , Join Clips 1.6 , NoLimits Rollercoaster Sim 1.8 , Passenger 1.3 , EXIFplot 1.0 , Zen Piano 1.1 , BiggieSmall 1.2.2 , VideoScript X 126.96.36.199
Facts Worth Knowing About .Pumax Ransomware Virus
.Pumax Ransomware is a precarious cyber infection which is known to alter the Windows registry entries right after its successful invasion on the system. Once installed, the malware encrypts the valuable data stored on infected machines and appends a file extension to them. By adding this weird extension to important system files, the ransomware makes the encoded files completely inaccessible for the victimized users. In order to make the files unusable, .Pumax Ransomware threat uses RSA encryption algorithm and targets the popular files like video, documents, text, audio, images, spreadsheets, presentations and similar data.
How To Identify .Pumax Ransomware Attack On Your System?
After that, the .Pumax Ransomware displays a ransom note which informs the computer users about this vicious attack and the encryption of their important PC files as well. Cyber extortionists responsible for this vicious attack suggest compromised system users contact them by using the email address to follow the instructions and gain access to their important computer files. The hackers behind .Pumax Ransomware virus demand few dollars from the victims of this malware in the form of Bitcoin to provide a decryptor for enciphered data.
Technically speaking, each time when the file-encrypting virus infiltrates the targeted Windows systems, the threat uses different encryption algorithm to encipher the specific file types for getting ransom money from the affected users. Although, the decryption utility mainly stored on the Command and Control server of .Pumax Ransomware controlled by hackers which makes it completely difficult for the victimized users to decode their files and use them without paying ransom fee to them.
Is It Worth Paying Ransom Fee To .Pumax Ransomware Developers?
In case, if you extremely need access to your computer files, never try to pay asked ransom money to the operators of .Pumax Ransomware infection. This is because, paying ransom fee can cause bigger trouble for you. According to the cyber security analysts at RMV, threat actors mainly try to mislead system users into paying asked ransom money and right after getting the ransom payment, the cyber criminals leave the victimized users without providing them a right decryption tool.
Best Way To Deal With .Pumax Ransomware Infection
As a result, you may encounter both data and money loss because catching these thieves are almost impossible because the ransom payments are made in cryptocurrency that makes them anonymous to the malware analysts. Therefore, it is quite important for you to avoid paying asked ransom fee and take immediate action to remove .Pumax Ransomware from the system using a powerful anti-malware tool and try to restore the precious files with the help of backup copies or employing a reputable data recovery software.
How To Remove .Pumax Ransomware Virus Manually
Step 1 : Restart your computer in safe with networking
- Restart your computer and keep pressing F8 key continuously.
- You will find the Advance Boot Option on your computer screen.
- Select Safe Mode With Networking Option by using arrow keys.
- Login your computer with Administrator account.
Step 2 : Step all .Pumax Ransomware related process
- Press the Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box.
- Type “taskmgr” and Click OK or Hit Enter button.
- Now go to the Process tab and find out .Pumax Ransomware related process.
- Click on End Process button to stop that running process.
Step 3 : Restore Your Windows PC To Factory Settings
System Restore Windows XP
- Log on to Windows as Administrator.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories.
- Find System Tools and click System Restore.
- Select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next.
- Choose a restore point when system was not infected and click Next.
System Restore Windows 7/Vista
- Go to Start menu and find Restore in the Search box.
- Now select the System Restore option from search results.
- From the System Restore window, click the Next button.
- Now select a restore points when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 8
- Go to the search box and type Control Panel.
- Select Control Panel and open Recovery Option.
- Now Select Open System Restore option.
- Find out any recent restore point when your PC was not infected.
- Click Next and follow the instructions.
System Restore Windows 10
- Right click the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Open Control Panel and Find out the Recovery option.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose a restore point before infection Next > Finish.
Hope these manual steps help you successfully remove the .Pumax Ransomware infection from your computer. If you have performed all the above manual steps and still can’t access your files or cannot remove this nasty ransomware infection from your computer then you should choose a powerful malware removal tool. You can easily remove this harmful virus from your computer by using third party tool. It is the best and the most easy way to get rid of this infection.
If you have any further question regarding this threat or its removal then you can directly ask your question from our experts. A panel of highly experienced and qualified tech support experts are waiting to help you.