Is your PC completely locked due to Thanatos Ransomware? Are you unable to access your own computer and data? Are your files locked and inaccessible? If yes, just calm down and read the following given post to know about easy removal tips of this malware.
Basically, Thanatos Ransomware is very destructive computer malware which is created by evil minded persons with the evil intentions. The main and only intention of this nasty virus is to earn huge profit in just no time. The threat is now spread all across the globe infecting more than millions of computer system. Ransomware is most likely to infect Windows based OS. So it is very clear that all the Windows computer is an easy target for the malware. So be careful when you browse the web because reckless browsing results in severe malware infection into the computer. It is however, one of the most primary cause for harmful computer infection. This ransomware is found to conduct malicious tasks on the targeted system which is none other than encryption.
Encryption takes place once the malware is successfully inside your PC and has dug its root deep into the OS. The cyber criminals behind the Thanatos Ransomware aims to encrypt the files and extort money from users. They scare users to buy decryption key else they would lose all of their precious files all at once. However, it is not completely genuine that paying money would return back all the files safely. Still, some users fall into this false belief that they will get their files back right after the payment is being made. Ransomware enters your system encrypts the files, drops ransom note on the desktop and asks users to pay demanded money as quickly as possible.
In this way, this precarious threat makes you bankrupt and left with nothing. Moreover, except from encryption of files, Thanatos Ransomware does more harmful things to the PC such as damaging of important system files and corruption of hard disk. It makes your computer relatively slow and dull than before. The infiltration techniques are quite tricky so you might find it cumbersome to detect its arrival on the system. But, if you find any unwanted and abnormal activities like locked files on your system then uninstall Thanatos Ransomware without wasting any time.
Remove Thanatos Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove Thanatos Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove Thanatos Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To Thanatos Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find Thanatos Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove Thanatos Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove Thanatos Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the Thanatos Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the Thanatos Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.