Threat Analysis For: [email protected] File Extension Ransomware
|Name||[email protected] File Extension Ransomware|
|Discovery Date||July 5th, 2018|
|Detection||Free Download [email protected] File Extension Ransomware Scanner|
[email protected] File Extension Ransomware is a dangerous malware that has been reported to originate from Belarus. It was found by security researchers on July 5th, 2018. The ransomware is believed to be using spam emails to spread itself widely among the contacts of targeted users. It has been found that the ransomware is based on '[email protected]_ File Extension' ransomware that is commonly referred to as FLKR Ransomware among cybersecurity circles. [email protected] File Extension Ransomware has been found capable of encrypting files of various formats, such as images, audio, video, documents, databases, ebooks, office resources etc. It has been identified to be using a custom version of AES encryption algorithm, which is a secure way of encryption. The ransomware has been discovered to delete the encrypted file immediately. The files that are encrypted can be identified having an extension of '[email protected]' added to their original file names. A ransom note can be found on the screen, named as 'INSTRUCTIONS.txt'. The details contained within the note asks affected users to contact hackers at Jabber, if they would like to decrypt their infected files.
[email protected] File Extension Ransomware can make targeted systems vulnerable to further attacks as it compromises several vital application files that are necessary for smooth operation of the system. It can lock several files and make them unusable by encrypting them with a secure encryption algorithm. The encrypted files can not be easily decrypted without using a powerful recovery method. The cyber-criminals prime motive is to make the affected users contact them so that they can ask for huge ransom amount for providing users with a decryption key. However it has been observed that hackers never hold true to their promise. They often simply charge users with absurd amount of ransom and leave them without any help.
Users may simply be ignored at their repeated requests of obtaining a decryption key. The cyber-criminals may even use this initiation of contact to send even more threatening malware under the guise of a decryption key. Users may click on the infectious payload and allow it an easy access to an already vulnerable system. [email protected] File Extension Ransomware can disable firewall of the targeted system that can allow other malicious malware to intrude into the system and carryout their exploits. It can deploy extensions that can give remote access of the system to threat actors and they can use it to steal vital information. These details could be used by them to carry out identity theft or to indulge in illegitimate online activities. Users can follow steps given below to remove this ransomware.
Remove [email protected] File Extension Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove [email protected] File Extension Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove [email protected] File Extension Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To [email protected] File Extension Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find [email protected] File Extension Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove [email protected] File Extension Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove [email protected] File Extension Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the [email protected] File Extension Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the [email protected] File Extension Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.