Hello everyone. Last day when I was busy in doing my online research for my college project, some sort of software update alert appeared to my computer screen. As I have clicked on it then it suddenly redirected me to some unknown site which I have closed instantly. But what I have seen this morning is totally unexpected. My desktop background has been altered with TechscamLock ransomware image. All of my important data stored in the PC get encrypted all of a sudden. Now I am no more able to access those data. What should I do ? Do I agree with the ransom demand so that I can get the decryption key to access my important data ? Please help!
First you need to remove TechscamLock ransomware from your infected system. Also you should not fall for these fake claims as their has no intension of the hackers to provide you any sort of decryption key. There main motive is to wheedle out the victim's hard earned money illegally. You can also follow the below guidelines to get more details about its removal instructions.
TechscamLock ransomware : Complete Threat Analysis
As per the malicious behaviors and researches of the malware experts, TechscamLock ransomware has been considered as a maleficent file encrypting virus. Such threats has been widely used by malicious hackers in order to trap novice online users in their scams and swindle away their hard earned money. Soon after its infiltration into the infected PC, this scans and encrypts stored data in the host computer. This can encrypt a variety of file formats such as images, audios, videos, Ms office documents, PDFs etc.
Users may confirm the presence of TechscamLock ransomware into their PC by noticing the weird file extensions of the encrypted files related with the virus name. Also this drops ransom note in its victim's PC demanding for huge sum of ransom amount. You may also notice your desktop background replaced with its ransom image. Please note that although TechscamLock ransomware try to lure you to pay the ransom amount to get the decryption key. But in reality this has not any intention to provide you any decryption key or way to access your locked files.
How TechscamLock ransomware Makes Its Way Inside Its Target PC ?
Spam or Junk Mails : Users can get these kinds of threats into their PC unknowingly mostly due to opening attached files of spam mails which seems relevant to FedX delivery, Invoice, Order cancellation etc.
Other Unsafe Means : Exploit kits, drive by downloads, networks, social engineering etc. are some of the other harmful means from which users can unknowingly install such threats into their PC.
Therefore it has been strongly advisable to the online computer users to beware of these kinds of stuffs. And if this threat get detected in your system then you must need to delete TechscamLock ransomware at the earliest.
Remove TechscamLock ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove TechscamLock ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove TechscamLock ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To TechscamLock ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find TechscamLock ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove TechscamLock ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove TechscamLock ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the TechscamLock ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the TechscamLock ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.