I have noticed Gangnamgame.net with restarting my PC after updating Flash player on request of a video portal. When i tried every known method to remove Gangnamgame.net from web browser default homepage but every time it keep coming back again. I am so frustrated with this stubborn website that has captured my web browser and made my web browsing very annoying. I have no idea, how it sneaks into my PC and now what should I do to get rid of Gangnamgame.net?
Internet users can be easily cheated by Gangnamgame.net malicious domain. The website represents itself as a very interesting and useful gaming portal. So it attracts game lovers more to visit the site. It employ such gimmicks install a redirect virus on the PC of Internet users. Along with impersonation of a legit gaming portal it also use some other stealthy installation methods like bundling of software with certain freeware that is frequently downloaded by Internet users as for example flash player updates, PDF converter, music, videos etc. Sending Spam emails are used to distribute the infection, so when the user open such malicious mails that is received from distributors of this malware then the virus get activated on their computer. In all of sudden user can notice many awful and strange changes on their computer after getting infected with Gangnamgame.net redirect virus.
The users on compromised computer find Gangnamgame.net as their default homepage on their web browser and they also feel helpless to get off Gangnamgame.net from web browser setting. As well as, the user also face display of very annoying pop-ups, pop-under, floating ads, trick banners and fake coupons while web browsing. These stuffs cause lot of intrusion and interfere into all ongoing operations. Whereas clicking on the links of pop-ups redirects on useless, suspicious and harmful websites. The virus earns revenue for the developers of this malicious program and also install many other malware on the targeted computer. It also records user's personal identifiable and other logging details of online accounts and export the information to a remote server. Thus the user on compromised PC may be victimized by severe cyber crime like hacking of bank account and ATM fraud. So the users on infected PC are advised to use Automatic Gangnamgame.net Removal Tool as soon as possible and safely remove Gangnamgame.net redirect virus from PC.
Learn To Remove Gangnamgame.net Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Gangnamgame.net Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Gangnamgame.net Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Gangnamgame.net related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Gangnamgame.net On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Gangnamgame.net from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.