Help! My computer has been infected with Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy which has fetched sever problem to annoy me. Due to this, I have got many unknown files executed on the PC. My computer is running very slow. I want to delete it completely. So, can anyone help me to remove Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy completely? Thanks.
Report on Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy
Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy is dangerous Trojan infection that is able to open backdoor for remote server and download many corrupt and junk files on the victimized PC. It is capable of corrupting your important data and files as well as it can allow hackers for unauthorized access on the affected PC to make it totally out of your control. Mostly, Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy infiltrates on the PC when you do some unwanted activities on the PC such as while you download many free files from suspicious website, when you click some spam emails and while you visit malicious sites without paying attention.
After Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy having installed on the PC, it will always try to do malicious activities on the PC as more as possible. It can executes many infected files by remote server. Due to this, other many malware can attacks on the PC without your approval because it is able to deactivate your PC's Firewall. This will be very hazardous for your sensitive data and files. It can destroy your data and other important program on the PC. Owing to this, your computer will be slow down poorly. It is capable of opening backdoor for the hacker to download other malware. It can communicate with hacker for unauthorized access into your PC to make it useless for you and gets lots of money. So, if you have got Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy on the PC then without wasting your time you should delete Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy completely if you don't want such damage on the PC.
Steps to Remove Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy Running Processes.
- Right Click on Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Backdoor.Win32.zepfod.yy, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!