Can anyone help please, My friend is running Google Chrome updated version with operating system Windows 8.1. Her Vipre security application has detected a Trojan “Backdoor.Joanap” exists in the system. Tried to any how remove this particular threat from system but its appears to be dormant. When start the Vipre application scanning process, shows Trojan threat present in system and its complete description but when use to click on scan button its shows “fails to detect Backdoor.Joanap files”. I am really afraid of such particular problems. Have you any idea how to remove it from PC. Please help me to any how resolve such particular problems. I will be very thankful to you.
Backdoor.Joanap is Trojan infection which use to exploit system vulnerabilities to allow more of other Internet threat to easily get down in system. Once it inside the system use to create executable files %System%\scardprv.dll, %System%\wcssvc.dll and start vulnerable action. Backdoor.Joanap use to create its start-up keys to automatically start execution once anyone reboot PC. Moreover it use to create registry entries HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SCardPrv\"Type" = "20" or similar to it. It is responsible to open port (specified in configuration files) to allow other Internet stuff, listen for further new commands which works to make change sin system settings rapidly. Backdoor.Joanap is responsible to remotely connect to IP address 18.104.22.168 to allow more of particular threats to easily get down.
Backdoor.Joanap invades Windows system without user permission and knowledge. It once penetrate inside PC make easy for remote attackers to gain access and arise more of different problems. Usually it lurk its malicious codes to piggybacked application promoted as free of cost, keep visiting the websites which are composed of Java script, drive by downloads etc.
Backdoor.Joanap connect to IRC server and make easy for remote attackers to gain access. It is responsible to collect your informative details likewise account number, credit and debit card details, etc without user permission. You will experience that your desktop wallpaper automatically get change, unused icons get added without any notification. It always use to run its codes in system background which worked as hidden files. It only cause your system to perform more slower than usual. Thus suggested to remove Backdoor.Joanap instantly from PC.
Steps to Remove Backdoor.Joanap
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Backdoor.Joanap
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Backdoor.Joanap
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Backdoor.Joanap and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Backdoor.Joanap
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Backdoor.Joanap and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Backdoor.Joanap. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Backdoor.Joanap related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Backdoor.Joanap, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Backdoor.Joanap Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Backdoor.Joanap Running Processes.
- Right Click on Backdoor.Joanap and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Backdoor.Joanap Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Backdoor.Joanap and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Backdoor.Joanap Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Backdoor.Joanap, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!