What you should know about Pokemon GO Ransomware?
Pokemon GO Ransomware is yet another nasty file-encoder virus which was previously reported on August, 2016. Due its malicious activities, the RMV security researchers decided to provide detailed and updated information on this ransomware threat. It is a kind of infection which takes over the targeted Windows computer and installs a backdoor onto the machine. By using this backdoor, the cyber extortionists can have full access to the affected system automatically. In order to carry out its vicious attack, the hackers leverages the enormous success of a mobile game identified as 'Pokemon GO'. According to the research report, the Pokemon GO Ransomware mainly carries two types of attacks, which is a basic file-encryption tactic that encodes the file stored on victim's PC to demand ransom fee and the second one is to install backdoor to provide full access of the compromised machine to their operators.
Besides, this ransomware threat usually distributed in corrupted executable file reported as 'PokemonGO.exe', which uses an icon of a famous and recognizable Pokemon Pikachu. Once the computer users click on the malicious executable of Pokemon GO Ransomware virus, it begins running the payload of this malware and encrypts the files stored onto the machine. Moreover, the malware is based on an open-source HiddenTear ransomware project released in year 2016 by Utku Sen. Just like HiddenTear, this ransomware contains a backdoor infection. After it successfully encrypts your computer files, the threat then creates and hide Windows admin account named 'Hack3r' that allows the hackers to access the compromised PC. It also copies itself to all infected drives and alters some crucial settings to ensure that Pokemon GO Ransomware runs automatically every time whenever you starts up your computer.
How To Deal with Pokemon GO Ransomware Virus?
At the time of writing this article, the malware uses static file-encryption key i.e. '123vivalalgerie'. It also attempts to connect the contaminated machine with a private IP address, which would only be accessible from the routed network rather than from simply using the Internet. As of now, the ransom notification and the lock screen message displayed by Pokemon GO Ransomware are written in Arabic language. Due to this information and the static encryption key that it uses, which mentions French and is in Algeria. Hence, it is possible to conclude that the people responsible for this vicious ransomware attack are from, or related to, these countries. After the attack of this threat, you just need to employ a powerful and trustworthy anti-malware scanner for the complete removal of this threat and use a reliable backup copy to rescue any type of vital data.
How To Remove Pokemon GO Ransomware From Your PC
Start Windows in Safe Mode with Networking.
- Click on Restart button to restart your computer
- Press and hold down the F8 key during the restart process.
- From the boot menu, select Safe Mode with Networking using the arrow keys.
- Now your computer will get started in Safe Mode with Networking.
End Pokemon GO Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del together on your keyboard.
- Task manager Windows will get opened on your computer screen.
- Go to Precess tab, find the Pokemon GO Ransomware related Process.
- Now click on on End Process button to close that task.
Uninstall Pokemon GO Ransomware From Windows 7 Control Panel
- Visit the Start menu to open the Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a Program option from Program category.
- Choose and remove all Pokemon GO Ransomware related items from list.
Uninstall Pokemon GO Ransomware From Windows 8 Control Panel
- On right edge of screen, Click on Search button and type “Control Panel”.
- Now choose the Uninstall a Program option from Programs category.
- Find and delete Pokemon GO Ransomware related items from the programs list.
Delete Pokemon GO Ransomware From Windows 10 Control Panel
- Click on Start button and search Control Panel from Search Box.
- Got to Programs and select the Uninstall a Program option.
- Select and Remove all Pokemon GO Ransomware related programs.
Remove Pokemon GO Ransomware Related Registry Entries
- Press Windows+R buttons together to open Run Box
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Select and remove all Pokemon GO Ransomware related entries.
Remove Pokemon GO Ransomware Infection From msconfig
- Open Run Box by pressing Windows+R buttons together.
- Now type “msconfig” in the Run Box and press Enter.
- Open Startup tab and uncheck all entries from unknown manufacturer.
Hope the above process has helped you in removing the Pokemon GO Ransomware virus completely from your computer. If you still have this nasty ransomware left in your PC then you should opt for a malware removal tool. It is the most easy way to remove this harmful computer virus from your computer. Download the Free Pokemon GO Ransomware Scanner on your system and scan your computer. It can easily find and remove this pesky ransomware threat from your PC.
If you have any questions regarding the removal of this virus then you can ask your question from your PC security experts. They will feel happy to solve your problem.