My PC is infected with a Trojan virus named as Trojan.Peacomm.E. Recently, I have updated my Windows PC and security programs but unfortunately my anti-virus won't detect any such threat on my PC. I noticed my PC running very slowly as compared to other days and certain programs or applications stop responding. I am a novice PC user and don't have much knowledge on how to fix the issue. I need help and want to protect my PC from the harmful impact of Trojan.Peacomm.E. Please guys, if you have any clue then guide me so that I can completely delete Trojan.Peacomm.E from my Windows PC.
Trojan.Peacomm.E is a nasty and stubborn Trojan virus. It has affected large number of Windows PC around the globe. However, it uses torrents, junk email attachments, through freeware downloads from third-party to spread its infection widely. It is designed in such a way that it cunningly hide its presence and its removal becomes tough. Well, if once your PC gets infected with the Trojan then you will notice suddenly the performance of your PC decreases and even opening any program or application taking too much time. What worse, due to presence of Trojan.Peacomm.E you will come across blue screen of death error, system starts freezing and becomes inaccessible. All such issues might results to crash of your Windows PC.
Along with this, Trojan.Peacomm.E brings several other infected threats like rogue program, spyware, malware, etc and compromise the security of your Windows system. The Trojan virus opens backdoor and help the hackers to monitor your activities also connect you with remote servers so as to gather your confidential data. It share these information with third-party so as to gain profit through illegal ways and finally you are left with identity theft. It embed malicious codes into the legit system files and processes so as to disable the security programs like firewall protection and anti-virus programs. Thus, the only way to over-comes these troubles is to remove Trojan.Peacomm.E from your Windows PC.
Steps to Remove Trojan.Peacomm.E
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Trojan.Peacomm.E
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Trojan.Peacomm.E
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Trojan.Peacomm.E and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Trojan.Peacomm.E
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Trojan.Peacomm.E and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Trojan.Peacomm.E. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Trojan.Peacomm.E related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Trojan.Peacomm.E, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Trojan.Peacomm.E Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Trojan.Peacomm.E Running Processes.
- Right Click on Trojan.Peacomm.E and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Trojan.Peacomm.E Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Trojan.Peacomm.E and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Trojan.Peacomm.E Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Trojan.Peacomm.E, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!