What is this hazardous Dunik has taken place on my PC and fetching hazardous problem for me? Since morning when I used my PC to work on some important files I am shocked to see my all files has been ruined by it and instantly I kept getting a message to update my PC. Can someone help me to remove this Dunik? Thanks in advance!
Description about Dunik
Dunik is a Trojan virus which is created by cyber criminals to earn profit. It harms the PC downloading more infection as well as corrupts software. You may receive this Dunik on the PC via spam emails after clicking this, by means of meanwhile downloading freeware application and downloading corrupted RAR files, some exploited kits like the Redkit and NuclearePack along with during fake updating USB port drivers.
After the infiltration of Dunik on PC, it will drop harmful extension on your windows to corrupt it as well as initially it modifies your registry to default activate itself on the PC without any prevention. Here point should be noted that it is able to disable your existed system security and keep the Windows connected to remote control of third party whereby lots of harmful code uninterrupted. It can drop some additional plug-in to enlarge its functionality and connect to its command and control through channels like RSS and Ajax. It is capable of downloading more infection additionally like Cryptobot and Neshata etc to keep your PC totally on hell whereupon you will be unable to access into. It keeps your files exploited useless for you. It can consume your system by using it on 100% which kept your PC very slow in performance. So, if you have got this Dunik on the PC, it should not be taken lightly but you need urgently to take decision to delete Dunik completely at once if possible.
Steps to Remove Dunik
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Dunik
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Dunik
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Dunik and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Dunik
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Dunik and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Dunik. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Dunik related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Dunik, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Dunik Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Dunik Running Processes.
- Right Click on Dunik and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Dunik Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Dunik and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Dunik Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Dunik, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!