What do you know about Floki?
Floki is considered as a botnet Trojan virus which is based on the source code for Zeus Trojan, that was leaked back in the year 2011on the platform of Github.com. This botnet surfaced in the 2nd week of November 2016 and made headlines on the various security blogs. Although, the first notice of this Trojan comes from the back markets for malware where the Trojan was said to be quite stealthy and avoid most of the detection mechanism which is used by the leading security organizations.
Moreover, Floki botnet virus comes comes with the support for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows operating systems, as well as its branded droppers. The developers of this Trojan claims that the malware is lightweight and it can be embedded into the Microsoft Word documents and deployed with the malvertising easily. The system security experts note that the Trojan can be injected into the computer by using tool like RIG Exploit Kit and the NuclearPack Exploit Kit, which became very popular when the Adobe Systems Inc. closed the public download channels for Adobe Flash Player.
According to the advertisements dedicated to Floki, it can run on the Windows 7, XP, Vista, as well as the Server 2008 and Server 2003. Additionally, this botnet is designed especially in order to inject its malicious codes into several running processes that are executed by the compromised system users. Communications with this malware are transmitted over HTTP, but the files and data is encrypted with an unique key for each and every instance. It can inject certificated in the Windows and capture keyboard input.
Furthermore, the operator of Floki botnet malware can remove the Trojan remotely as early as possible by using the Control Panel. Although, we should add that this virus can grab important data and sensitive files from POS devices and it may be adapted to suit the needs of criminal hackers that are after credit cards. In this kind of situation, you will need a credible and trustworthy anti-malware scanner in order to prevent your computer from the invasion of such nasty threat.
Disadvantages of Floki Virus Carries on an Infected Computer
Once the malware get installed onto the targeted system, it will start running harmful processes inside the system which is probably not suitable for the operating system. The Trojan contains few serious hazardous functionality that you should know to be prepared for worst conditions. Some of them are:
- Floki keeps making copies of itself to sneak into the random system.
- High consumption of RAM and computer resources which makes the machine performance sluggish.
- Frustrate the PC users by displaying number of intrusive pop-up advertisements and junk notifications onto the system screen.
- Allows the installation of rogue programs inside the machine. As a result, computer users ca also observe few malicious icons onto the desktop.
- It blocks the system’s defense settings and also makes the PC unsecured in front of other noxious viruses.
- You may encounter unexpected computer freezes and random system crashing due to the presence of Floki virus.
Steps to Remove Floki
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Floki
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Floki
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Floki and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Floki
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Floki and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Floki. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Floki related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Floki, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Floki Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Floki Running Processes.
- Right Click on Floki and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Floki Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Floki and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Floki Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Floki, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!