Trojan.DNSChanger-Codec is known to be a dangerous virus for your computer and you should not let it enter the system. However if your system is not well protected and you have performed any suspicious activity recently then there are chances that you system will get infected by it . The virus files will be stored deep in the file system from where it can access other files such as system files, log files and registry files. Now doing modification in these files will be pretty easy for it. Trojan.DNSChanger-Codec as the name suggests is also capable of changing the DNS settings of the system and because of which there is increased number of cyber attacks on the infected system. The DNS settings have all the permissions regarding the usage of the internet on the computer and all the data like iP address, Mac address is available through it. When any hacker active on the internet get this data of the user then he can initiate remote access of the Trojan.DNSChanger-Codec infected system.
The program provides full assistance to the hackers who can also insert other malware and spyware in the system through the backdoor that has been created by the trojan. The spyware will then work to retrieve the user id and password that is being used in various accounts by the user. If it gets leaked the online accounts will also get hacked and you will suffer loses of other resources. There are also cases wherr the system infected by Trojan.DNSChanger-Codec are used as dummy through which other malicious activities on other systems are done and all the blame will be on you. This can lead to a criminal charge that you certainly don't want. So it is necessary to remove Trojan.DNSChanger-Codec from you computer now and protect it from such threats in future.
Steps to Remove Trojan.DNSChanger-Codec
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Trojan.DNSChanger-Codec
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Trojan.DNSChanger-Codec
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Trojan.DNSChanger-Codec and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Trojan.DNSChanger-Codec
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Trojan.DNSChanger-Codec and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Trojan.DNSChanger-Codec. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Trojan.DNSChanger-Codec related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Trojan.DNSChanger-Codec, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Trojan.DNSChanger-Codec Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Trojan.DNSChanger-Codec Running Processes.
- Right Click on Trojan.DNSChanger-Codec and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Trojan.DNSChanger-Codec Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Trojan.DNSChanger-Codec and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Trojan.DNSChanger-Codec Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Trojan.DNSChanger-Codec, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!