Today, when I opened my system an alert message from my anti-virus program appears and states that a Trojan named as Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B was detected. I also noticed slow performance of my PC as compared to other days. Then, I ran my anti-virus program to delete Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B but some unknown error occurred and it fails to delete the Trojan. I have no idea what to do ? Please, if you have any idea then kindly guide me so that I can eliminate Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B from my Windows PC.
Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B is a harmful Trojan horse that mostly attack on the Windows based computer systems around the globe. However, if once it gain access over your Windows PC then it give rise to countless trouble on your computer system. The Trojan opens backdoor and allow highly infected threats such as spyware, worm, adware, browser hijacker, etc to easily download into your system without any authorization. What worse, Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B alters the browser and system settings without your permission.
Along with this, Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B has the ability to disable firewall protection and other security settings without your knowledge. It is quiet possible PC users experience freezing or system crash issues. It uses huge amount of space in the system resources and results in sluggish PC performance. It shows fake alert or warning messages and tries to extort money from the innocent PC users. It also steal important data and misuse the details to earn profit through illegal ways. Thus, if you are also facing similar trouble and want to remove Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B then follow the given below guidelines to eliminate Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B completely from your Windows PC.
Damages occurred due to Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B:
- It damage the files of your operating system
- It uses system resources and lead to slow downs the PC performance
- It replaces the homepage and other important browser settings which leads to redirection issues
- Due to presence of the Trojan virus your system behaves weirdly and creates mess in your PC
Manual Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B Removal Guide
Step 1: How to Start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking to Get Rid of Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B
(For Win 7 | XP | Vista Users)
- first of all PC is to be rebooted in Safe Mode with Networking
- Select on Start Button and Click on Shutdown | Restart option and select OK
- when the PC restarts, keep tapping on F8 until you don’t get Advanced Boot Options.
- Safe Mode with Networking Option is to be selected from the list.
(For Win 8 | 8.1 | Win 10 Users)
- Click on Power Button near Windows Login Screen
- Keep Shift Button on the keyboard pressed and select Restart Option
- Now Select on Enable Safe Mode with Networking Option
In case Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B, is not letting your PC to Start in Safe Mode, then following Step is to followed
Step 2: Remove Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B Using System Restore Process
- PC need to be rebooted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- As soon as Command Prompt Window appear on the screen, select on cd restore and press on Enter option
Type rstrui.exe and Click on Enter again.
Now users need to Click on Next option and Choose restore point that was the last time Windows was working fine prior to Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B infection. Once done, Click on Next button.
Select Yes to Restore your System and get rid of Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B infection.
However, if the above steps does not work to remove Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B, follow the below mentioned steps
Step:3 Unhide All Hidden Files and Folders to Delete Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B
How to View Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B Hidden Folders on Windows XP
- In order to show the hidden files and folders, you need to follow the given instructions:-
- Close all the Windows or minimize the opened application to go to desktop.
- Open “My Computer” by double-clicking on its icon.
- Click on Tools menu and select Folder options.
- Click on the View tab from the new Window.
- Check the Display contents of the system folders options.
- In the Hidden files and folders section, you need to put a check mark on Show hidden files and folders option.
- Click on Apply and then OK button. Now, close the Window.
- Now, you can see all the Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B related hidden files and folders on the system.
How to Access Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B Hidden folders on Windows Vista
- Minimize or close all opened tabs and go to Desktop.
- Go to the lower left of your screen, you will see Windows logo there, click on Start button.
- Go to Control Panel menu and click on it.
- After Control Panel got opened, there will two options, either “Classic View” or “Control Panel Home View”.
- Do the following when you are in “Classic View”.
- Double click on the icon and open Folder Options.
- Choose View tab.
- Again move to step 5.
- Do the following if you are “Control Panel Home View”.
- Hit button on Appearance and Personalization link.
- Chose Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden File or Folder section, click on the button which is right next to the Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Click on Apply button and then hit OK. Now, close the window.
- Now, to show you all hidden files or folders created by Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B, you have successfully considered Windows Vista.
How to Unhide Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B Created Folders on Windows 7
1. Go to the desktop and tap on the small rectangle which is located in the lower-right part of the system screen.
2. Now, just open the “Start” menu by clicking on the Windows start button which is located in the lower-left side of the PC screen that carries the windows logo.
3. Then after, look for the “Control Panel” menu option in the right-most row and open it.
4. When the Control Panel menu opens, then look for the “Folder Options” link.
5. Tap over the “View tab”.
6. Under the “Advanced Settings” category, double click on the “Hidden Files or Folders” associated with Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B.
7. Next, just select the check-box in order to Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
8. After this, click on “Apply” >> “OK” and then close the menu.
9. Now, the Windows 7 should be configured to show you all hidden files, folders or drives.
Steps to Unhide Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B related Files and Folders on Windows 8
- First of all, power on your Windows PC and click on start logo button that is found in left side of the system screen.
- Now, move to program lists and select control panel app.
- When Control panel is open completely, click on more settings option.
- After, you will see a Control panel Window and then you choose “Appearance and Personalization” tab.
- In Advance settings dialogue box, you need to tick mark on Show hidden files and folders and clear the check box for Hide protected system files.
- Click on Apply and Ok button. This apply option helps you to detect and eradicate all types of Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B related suspicious files.
- Finally, navigate your mouse cursor on close option to exit this panel.
How to View Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B associated folders on Windows 10
1. Open the folder if you wish to unhide files.
2. Search and Click on View in Menu bar
3. In Menu click on to view folder options.
4. Again click on View and Enable Radio Button associated with Show hidden files created by Trojan:Win32/Cuffahlt.B, folder and drive.
5. Press apply and OK.
Step 4: Press Start Key along with R- copy + paste the below stated command and Click on OK
- This will open up a new file, in case if your system has been hacked, some IP’s will be shown at the bottom of the screen
Click on the Start Menu, Input “Control Panel” in the search box —> Select. Network and Internet —> Network and Sharing Center —> Next Change Adapter Settings. Right-click your Internet connection —> Select on Properties.
- In case if you find Suspicious IP in the local host –or if you are finding it difficult and have any problem then submit question to us and we will be happy to help you.