Basic Things To Know About PUP.MyMemory
PUP.MyMemory is reported as a potentially unwanted program that most usually targets the PCs having Windows OS installed in them. It is basically a shady application that on the infected PC’s screen claims to be a highly applicable program designed to provide event reminders but on the contradictory to whatever it promises in reality it is a malicious stuff crafted by online crooks for the primary objective of generating more and more illicit profit from rookie PC users. This infection once activated, immediately hits the Windows registry and tampers with the browser’s settings. This leads to the generation of endless commercial ads (in the form of banner, coupon, pop-up) every time whenever users surf the Internet.
The ads generated by PUP.MyMemory are actually released for the main sole purpose of enticing the users into clicking them and once got tapped, reroutes them to number of suspicious domain that may include several more malware infections. Apart from this, it monitors the user’s browsing session and extract their personal details that is then later on shared with cyber criminals for unethical purpose. So, in this way this threat poses harm to the user’s privacy also along with harming their PC. Thus, it is strongly advised to eliminate this PUP as soon as possible from the PC.
Reasons Liable For The Intrusion Of PUP.MyMemory In PC
The author of PUP.MyMemory utilizes number of shady techniques to perforate their crafted malicious program in the PC. Among all of them the most crucial one is ‘Bundling’. It is basically a deceptive technique in which the malicious programs are bundled with several freeware programs and at the time when users download and install those programs considering them completely reliable, the threat being bundled with them invade silently in the PC without the user’s assent. Besides from this, sometimes intrude together with the attachment of malicious emails, due to unverified file sharing, updating OS installed in the PC on irregular basis, playing online games etc.
Vicious Traits Of PUP.MyMemory on PC
- PUP.MyMemory intrude silently in the PC without taking the user’s permission.
- It gains complete control over the browsers and then re-seizes the default browser’s settings.
- It flood the compromised browser’s screen with non-stop frustrating pop-up ads.
- It sniffs the user’s private stuff and then transmit it to the online marketing agent for evil purpose.
- It disables the installed security programs and blocks the firewall settings to infiltrate various other malware infections in the PC.
- It downgrades the PC’s speed badly and sometimes leads to even system crashes also.
Hence, to avoid such sort of modifications in the preset browser’s settings as well as to continue uninterrupted browsing, a quick removal of PUP.MyMemory is needed.
An Effective Removal Guide For PUP.MyMemory
How to Uninstall PUP.MyMemory from Compromised System
Step:1 First of all, Reboot your PC in Safe Mode to make it safe from PUP.MyMemory
(this Guide illustrates how to restart Windows in Safe Mode in all versions.)
Step:2 Now you need to View all Hidden Files and Folders that exist on different drives
- Press Start Key + R together and Type appwiz.cpl
- Now Press on OK
- This will Open the Control Panel. Now look for PUP.MyMemory or any other Suspicious program
- once found, Uninstall PUP.MyMemory ASAP
- To Go to Startup Area, Click on Start Key + R
- Type msconfig in the search area and click on Enter. A window will pop-out
- In the Startup area, look for any suspicious PUP.MyMemory entries or that are from Unknown Manufacturers
- (This is an important step and users are advised to monitor all items carefully over here before proceeding further.)
- Click on Start Key + R in Combination. Copy and Paste to Open hosts File
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts
- Soon, you will get a list of suspicious IP’s in the bottom of the screen
- this is quite helpful in knowing if your browser has been hacked
Open IE and Click on Tools. Now Select Manage add-ons
In the pane, under Toolbars and Extensions, Choose the PUP.MyMemory extensions which is to be deleted
- Now Click on Remove or Disable Option.
- Press Tool button and Select Internet Option
- This will lead you to the Tab, now Select Privacy Tab, Turn on Pop-up blocker by clicking on it.
- Google Chrome is to be Opened
- Now Click on menu present at the top right corner
- Choose Tools >> Extensions
- Select PUP.MyMemory related Extensions and now Click on Trash icon to remove PUP.MyMemory
- Under Advanced Settings Option, Enable Do not allow any Site to Show pop-ups. Click on Ok to apply it.
- Select and Open Mozilla FF, Select PUP.MyMemory or other Add-ons by clicking on Menu button
- In the Add-ons Manager, Select the extension related to PUP.MyMemory.
- Now Click on Remove to delete PUP.MyMemory permanently
- Also Select and Check mark “Block Pop-up Windows” under po-ups in the Content Tab
- First of all Open MS Edge and Click on “More actions(…)” link
- Now Select and Click on Settings In Menu under “More Actions”
- Under Settings, screen click on View Advanced Settings button
- In Advanced Settings, turn on Block pop-ups by toggling button to ON
Following the above Manual Steps will be effective in blocking PUP.MyMemory. However, if you are unable to accomplish these steps, click the button given below to scan your PC
Don’t forget to given your feedback or submit any question if you have any doubt regarding PUP.MyMemory or its removal process