Start.siviewer.com is a browser hijacker that is bundled with other free software that you download off of the internet. Once installed it will set the homepage and search engine for any installed browsers to Start.siviewer.com without any permission.
An Introduction of Start.siviewer.com
And thus, Start.siviewer.com is an untrustworthy search engine program. It comes under the family of browser hijacker and it is considered as a potentially unwanted program that is capable of changing the settings of your system. This unwanted program is generally bundled with the software that are available for free online. It mainly attacks Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox Safari, and many popular web browsers. When you find that your homepage or default search engine was changed to this web address, this malicious browser hijacker has already invaded into your computer system. The features it shows are so attractive that a majority of users take it seriously and download this risky software. And this is ended up with the tight eye on the web pages you have opened, the search key words you have entered, the password you have entered to login any account and other online behavior. Start.siviewer.com comes under the family of browser hijacker and it is considered as a potentially unwanted program that is capable of changing the settings of your system. This unwanted program is generally bundled with the software that are available for free online. It has been programmed only for money making purpose ads for that it mislead victims.
Appearance and Reality of Start.siviewer.com
This website may seem to be a genuine sesrch like Google, but infact this site only provides users with worhtless contents. The search results displays are irrelevent and very limited; sometimes they can even be roguish. They could link to some marketing-related pages and sponsored contents. It is a deceptive search engine that is designed for generating traffic. It is not a technically true computer virus, but it still puts your computer in danger. In order to stop all its malicious activities, users are required to be qualified with related computer skills about changing browser settings and preferences, uninstalling programs, cleaning registry and so on.
Critical Activities Created by Start.siviewer.com
In short Start.siviewer.com is the, infection which is generated via cyber crooks in order to disrupt the Pc’s intslled programs so that it can easily runs its own programmed functions into the targeted computer. It will clone the host’s IP address and connects it to their developers of Cyber Criminals so that they can easily track the movements of the marked computer. It will increase the internet traffic via bombarding tons of pop-ups as well as randomly redirecting the User’s search result to the malicious websites so that it illegally make money for their developers. For that it mislead victims. If you wish to kick that infection out of system fast then it is advised to follow below given do it yourself guide that allow users to get this job done in easy clicks and remove Start.siviewer.com successfully in the mean time.
Manual Steps to Remove Start.siviewer.com From Your Hijacked Browser
Set Up or Changes Your Default Search Engine Provider
For Internet Explorer :
1. Launch Internet explorer and click on the Gear icon then to Manage Add-ons.
2. Now click on Search Provider tab followed by Find more search providers…
3. Now look for your preferred search engine provider for instance Google Search engine.
4. Further you need to click on Add to Internet Explorer option appeared on the page. After then tick out the Make this my default search engine provider appeared on the Add Search Provider window and then click on Add button.
5. Restart Internet explorer to apply the new changes.
For Mozilla :
1. Launch Mozilla Firefox and go for the Settings icon (☰) followed by Options from the drop down menu.
2. Now you have to tap on Search tab there. And, under Default Search Engine you can choose your desirable search engine provider from the drop down menu and remove Start.siviewer.com related search providers.
3. If you want to add another search option into Mozilla Firefox then you can do it by going through Add more search engines… option. It will take you to the Firefox official Add-ons page from where you can choose and install search engine add-ons from their.
4. Once installed you can go back to Search tab and choose your favorite search provider as a default.
For Chrome :
1. Open Chrome and tap on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings.
2. Now under Search option you can choose desirable Search engine providers from drop down menu.
3. If you want to use another search engine option then you can click on Manage search engines… which opens current list of search engines and other as well. To choose you have to take your cursor on it and then select Make default button appears there followed by Done to close the window.
Reset Browser Settings to Completely Remove Start.siviewer.com
For Google Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon (☰) followed by Settings option from the drop down menu.
2. Now tap Reset settings button.
3. Finally select Reset button again on the dialog box appeared for confirmation.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Settings icon (☰) and then to Open Help Menu option followed by Troubleshooting Information from drop down menu.
2. Now Click on Reset Firefox… on the upper right corner of about:support page and again to Reset Firefox button to confirm the resetting of Mozilla Firefox to delete Start.siviewer.com completely.
Reset Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Internet options.
2. Now tap Advanced tab followed by Reset button. Then tick out the Delete personal settings option on the appeared dialog box and further press Reset button to clean Start.siviewer.com related data completely.
3. Once Reset completed click on Close button and restart Internet explorer to apply the changes.
Reset Safari :
1. Click on Edit followed by Reset Safari… from the drop down menu on Safari.
2. Now ensure that all of the options are ticked out in the appeared dialog box and click on Reset button.
Uninstall Start.siviewer.com and other Suspicious Programs From Control Panel
1. Click on Start menu followed by Control Panel. Then click on Uninstall a program below Programs option.
2. Further find and Uninstall Start.siviewer.com and any other unwanted programs from the Control panel.
Remove Unwanted Toolbars and Extensions Related With Start.siviewer.com
For Chrome :
1. Tap on Menu (☰) button, hover on tools and then tap on Extension option.
2. Now click on Trash icon next to the Start.siviewer.com related suspicious extensions to remove it.
For Mozilla Firefox :
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Add-ons.
2. Now select the Extensions or Appearance tab in Add-ons Manager window. Then click on Disable button to remove Start.siviewer.com related extensions.
For Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Settings Gear icon and then to Manage add-ons.
2. Further tap on Toolbars and Extensions panel and then Disable button to remove Start.siviewer.com related extensions.
From Safari :
1. Click on Gear Settings icon followed by Preferences…
2. Now tap on Extensions panel and then click on Uninstall button to remove Start.siviewer.com related extensions.
From Opera :
1. Click on Opera icon then hover to Extensions and click Extensions manager.
2. Now click on X button next to unwanted extensions to remove it.
Delete Cookies to Clean Up Start.siviewer.com Related Data From Different Browsers
Chrome : Click on Menu (☰) → Settings → Show advanced Settings → Clear browsing data.
Firefox : Tap on Settings (☰) →History →Clear Reset History → check Cookies → Clear Now.
Internet Explorer : Click on Tools → Internet options → General tab → Check Cookies and Website data → Delete.
Safari : Click on Settings Gear icon →Preferences → Privacy tab → Remove All Website Data…→ Remove Now button.
Manage Security and Privacy Settings in Google Chrome
1. Click on Menu (☰) button followed by Settings.
2. Tap on Show advanced settings.
- Phishing and malware protection : It is enables by default in privacy section. Warns users if detected any suspicious site having phishing or malware threats.
- SSL certificates and settings : Tap on Manage certificates under HTTPS/SSL section to manage SSL certificates and settings.
3. Now tap close button when done.
If you are still having issues in the removal of Start.siviewer.com from your compromised system then you can feel free to talk to our experts.