I am concerned that one of process running in my system, PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST is possibly be Trojan. I run AVAST security application to any how remove it from system. Usually whenever I use to click on scan option, message appears “Unable to delete PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST”. Tried many other steps to any how delete it from PC, but fail to do so. Have you any idea to remove it from PC, your help is required.
PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST is detected Trojan Horse infection which use to conduct series of damaging activity in Windows system. Additionally it uses rootkit technologies to hide their executable files and running process. Usually you face PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST problem in your PC after you have download its malicious files. Main source to penetrate inside system is piggyback software download, click on suspicious links, use device which is already infected, keep visiting site which run Java script code.
Once PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST get in Windows system use to replicates itself rapidly and spread large number of malicious code to system folder without user notification. Moreover it use to always run its codes in system background and make it to run more slower than usual. It is developed using such technology that make changes in your system files, registry without any notification. It does not matter which version of Windows system you are using. It use to target every version and filter your details with purpose to make income.
Furthermore PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST open backdoor to allow payloads to get in your system. It remotely connect your system and make easy for remote criminals to steal your informative details including credit card, bank details, passwords etc. Generally it use to avoid detection of security application to run its process always in system background and make it more slower than usual. PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST use to drop its hidden files and run always in system background. It use to occupy large space of CPU and make it to run more slower than usual. It is really unsafe threat which is used with purpose to only collect informative details and any how make income. Thus suggested to remove PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST instantly from your PC.
Steps to Remove PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST Running Processes.
- Right Click on PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove PUP.Optional.ChromePatcher.ChrPRST, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!