What is Social2Search? These days, when I start my online session then appears on my screen. It says that it will help me to search what my friends have shared. It asked to install its free extension and claims to be compatible with all the web browsers. I think it will be useful but some people that it is fake and unsafe. I am confused. Can you please provide complete details about Social2Search? Can I download its extension in my system?
Social2Search may seems like a legitimate program in the first look but in reality, it is considered as potentially unwanted program. It can infiltrate in the PC without any prior notifications and annoys the users by showing fake alerts. Social2Search says that it will help the users to search what their friends have shared on social sites. It claims that its extension is compatible with all the web browsers including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer etc. If you are thinking to install its free program then wait. Actually, it is created by the cyber criminals which aims to bring malicious threats in the system. It is capable to make the system compromised in which working will become difficult. During your web session, it will generate unwanted notifications on the screen and misleads to suspicious pages. So, try to remove Social2Search if it is available in the system.
Social2Search have capability to perform changes in the default settings of the system without the users knowledge. Due to unwanted programs, the running speed of the PC will become extremely sluggish in which opening a file is also a difficult tasks. After entering in the system, it tries to record the surfing history or cookies of the users. Using the previous records, it will display related advertisements to get more clicks. Actually, its gets commission on every click by the users through PPC scheme. It also tries to record the sensitive details of the users by tracking their online session. Thus, if you don’t want to face further troubles then remove Social2Search without making any delay.
An Effective Social2Search Removal Video Guide
How to Uninstall Social2Search from Compromised System
Step:1 First of all, Reboot your PC in Safe Mode to make it safe from Social2Search
(this Guide illustrates how to restart Windows in Safe Mode in all versions.)
Step:2 Now you need to View all Hidden Files and Folders that exist on different drives
- Press Start Key + R together and Type appwiz.cpl
- Now Press on OK
- This will Open the Control Panel. Now look for Social2Search or any other Suspicious program
- once found, Uninstall Social2Search ASAP
- To Go to Startup Area, Click on Start Key + R
- Type msconfig in the search area and click on Enter. A window will pop-out
- In the Startup area, look for any suspicious Social2Search entries or that are from Unknown Manufacturers
- (This is an important step and users are advised to monitor all items carefully over here before proceeding further.)
- Click on Start Key + R in Combination. Copy and Paste to Open hosts File
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts
- Soon, you will get a list of suspicious IP’s in the bottom of the screen
- this is quite helpful in knowing if your browser has been hacked
Open IE and Click on Tools. Now Select Manage add-ons
In the pane, under Toolbars and Extensions, Choose the Social2Search extensions which is to be deleted
- Now Click on Remove or Disable Option.
- Press Tool button and Select Internet Option
- This will lead you to the Tab, now Select Privacy Tab, Turn on Pop-up blocker by clicking on it.
- Google Chrome is to be Opened
- Now Click on menu present at the top right corner
- Choose Tools >> Extensions
- Select Social2Search related Extensions and now Click on Trash icon to remove Social2Search
- Under Advanced Settings Option, Enable Do not allow any Site to Show pop-ups. Click on Ok to apply it.
- Select and Open Mozilla FF, Select Social2Search or other Add-ons by clicking on Menu button
- In the Add-ons Manager, Select the extension related to Social2Search.
- Now Click on Remove to delete Social2Search permanently
- Also Select and Check mark “Block Pop-up Windows” under po-ups in the Content Tab
- First of all Open MS Edge and Click on “More actions(…)” link
- Now Select and Click on Settings In Menu under “More Actions”
- Under Settings, screen click on View Advanced Settings button
- In Advanced Settings, turn on Block pop-ups by toggling button to ON
Following the above Manual Steps will be effective in blocking Social2Search. However, if you are unable to accomplish these steps, click the button given below to scan your PC
Don’t forget to given your feedback or submit any question if you have any doubt regarding Social2Search or its removal process