Hello! I am facing problem as computer running very slow due to Worm.Picsys. I have got my Windows Registry changed with another one. When I told this story to my friend, I have been suggested as my PC has been infected with worm. Then, instantly I have tried antivirus software which was failed to remove it. Now, I have no idea how to remove Worm.Picsys completely. Any suggestion from anyone to fix this problem permanently?
What is Worm.Picsys?
Worm.Picsys is classified as worm which is delivered by third party to harm many targeted computer all across. This worm is capable of replicating itself and spreads widely on the PC to destruct it seriously. Worm.Picsys has been reported to be encoded with Yoda's Crypter which help it keep safe from removal.
How Worm.Picsys Enters on the PC
Worm.Picsys doesn't requires you permission to invade on the PC because generally it intrudes silently by the help of freeware package like Multimedia files, Games files and more. Via spam emails attachment, after fake update software, visiting some suspicious website etc.
How Worm.Picsys would Be Dangerous for PC
It is confirmed that Worm.Picsys is very dangerous for the PC because it has capability to modify your registry setting and it start up automatically on the PC. It can exploit your system security like Firewall and other to launch its hazardous independently to harm it. It may gather confidential information such as login details and bank account number etc. It may be connected to the remote server to for transferring such information to third party and for downloading more virus on the PC. Due to this, you computer will be slowed down poorly. It may allow cyber criminals to access illegally into your computer to make it useless for you. So, without delaying Worm.Picsys should be delete completely from PC. Remove Worm.Picsys immediately if possible.
Steps to Remove Worm.Picsys
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Worm.Picsys
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Worm.Picsys
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Worm.Picsys and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Worm.Picsys
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Worm.Picsys and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Worm.Picsys. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Worm.Picsys related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Worm.Picsys, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Worm.Picsys Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Worm.Picsys Running Processes.
- Right Click on Worm.Picsys and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Worm.Picsys Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Worm.Picsys and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Worm.Picsys Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Worm.Picsys, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!