JS:Redirector-ZI is a detected as Trojan horse which once infiltrate inside ruin entire Windows system by perform number of malicious activities inside it. JS:Redirector-ZI is usually downloaded inside computer through downloading freeware attachments, opening Junk email attachment, peer to peer file transfer technique and across number of other ways. Once JS:Redirector-ZI come inside computer, it start possess danger over private information of entire system including user login detail, business card minutia, email credential, case sensitive password and relocate it to third party for their benefit.
JS:Redirector-ZI seriously change all important functionalities of Windows system including registries entries, DNS, default homepage, background, Internet firewall settings and easily gain access onto entire compromised computer. Such alteration weaken system vulnerabilities and add number of vicious items inside PC including Key loggers, malware, rouge antispyware, PUP and so many other. All these suspicious program degrade additional resources of computer and drastically slow down its overall speed.
To make mater worser then worst, JS:Redirector-ZI will seriously corrupt the function of Antivirus program. As a result of this you can not scan your computer smoothly and thus unable to find out the exact problem with system. It also redirect browsing result of user onto illegitimate site through which hacker bring more visitor for their affiliated site. To protect your system from all such kind of malicious properties or damage, it is recommended by expert to delete JS:Redirector-ZI from infected system as quickly as possible or without wasting any more time.
Steps to Remove JS:Redirector-ZI
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate JS:Redirector-ZI
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by JS:Redirector-ZI
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by JS:Redirector-ZI and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by JS:Redirector-ZI
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by JS:Redirector-ZI and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to JS:Redirector-ZI. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the JS:Redirector-ZI related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by JS:Redirector-ZI, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate JS:Redirector-ZI Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the JS:Redirector-ZI Running Processes.
- Right Click on JS:Redirector-ZI and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove JS:Redirector-ZI Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by JS:Redirector-ZI and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete JS:Redirector-ZI Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove JS:Redirector-ZI, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!