I am using Windows XP operating system in my PC. I was working normally but in last few days I have detected some strange activities and unwanted changes in the default settings. During the scanning process, my antivirus displays the presence of Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz in the system. I tried to quarantine it but didn't succeed. Even more, there are many programs which shows error messages and does not respond properly. Can you suggest what can I do now to remove Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz completely from the system?
Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz is identified as Trojan infection which can invade in the system and start its malicious activities by changing the default settings including privacy or security settings. This threat tries to take full control of the PC without the users knowledge. Once Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz gets installed, it will not allow to perform single activity on time. It will slow down the running speed of the system in which normal working is extremely difficult. Even more, you will find lots of running process in task manager when all programs are closed. You will find that updated antivirus will not respond properly and generate error messages on accessing them. In its presence, you will find automatic reboot of the system at some intervals which is extremely annoying. Crashing or freezing of the operating system is also possible if stays for long time. So, it is strongly recommended to the users to remove Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz immediately in order to protect the system.
The geographical distribution of Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz is very high whose worst impacts has been detected by the users of Windows based PC across the world. This threat is created by the cyber crooks with a motive to earn illegal profits. It carries ability to monitor your online habits and gains the sensitive data which you type while making online payments. It is also possible that it may open a backdoor in the compromised PC and allow the third parties for unauthorized access of your personal data. Additionally, it can secretly bypass your information to the servers and allows the hackers to use them for malicious purpose. Long time presence of trojan can leads your PC to critical situations. Hence, you are advised to wipe out the ill-effects of Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz completely to avoid further troubles.
Steps to Remove Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz Running Processes.
- Right Click on Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Trojan Horse php/Backdoor.cz, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!