More details will be displayed in the following article.
If you want to save time, please directly skip to the easy guide to remove GreatZip.
You can directly download the anti-virus tool here:
This post is all about GreatZip that seems as a trustworthy one but team of cyber criminals are listed it under the Adware category. To get all information about this program and it's removal solution, go through with this post completely.
Crucial Facts That you Must Know About GreatZip
GreatZip is a program promoted on greatzip.com as a 'Best file compressor'. This site doesn't include an interactive page but it has a large image that contain for active hyperlinks such as FEATURES, CONTACT, FAQ and DOWNLOAD NOW. On it's homepage, this program is advertised as a best utility that claims Windows user to provides lots of beneficial features including :
- Zip & unzip your files instantly.
- Compress or Zip the large files and send by email.
- Protect your files with the banking level AES file encryption.
- Simple and easy-to-use user interface.
- Connect with the Dropbox, SkyDrive and the Google Drive and many more.
GreatZip claims to deliver lots of powerful features. The advanced encryption algorithm helps to crack a beautiful UI that keeps almost all things organized and simple. There are lots of reasons that most of the people try GreatZip and use it.
Don't Believe on GreatZip : Expert's Recommendation
Undoubtedly, GreatZip is an excellent tool that claims user to provide several feature but despite of all claims and legitimate look, experts are not advised users to trust on GreatZip and use it because it follows the same behavior of an adware. It secretly penetrates inside the machine and do several notorious actions which as a result users have to face with several negative traits.
Malevolent Actions That Performed By GreatZip
- Filled up entire screen with endless adverts.
- Makes affected machine too much slower than before.
- Delivers endless annoying adverts to annoy users.
- Replaces existing homepage with it's partnered site to cause redirection issue.
- Additionally download and install unwanted application and many more.
Transmission Preferences of GreatZip
The occurrences of GreatZip is mainly happened just because of user's careless behavior. Downloading of any cost-free packages or shareware application from untrusted or even trusted sources using Default or Standard option may lead your PC to GreatZip infection. It is designed to execute in System's background continuously and start each time with Windows start-up. To avoid the attack of GreatZip or other adware, System users must be attentive and cautious while installing any freeware packages.
Learn To Remove GreatZip Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete GreatZip Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of GreatZip Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to GreatZip related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from GreatZip On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing GreatZip from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.