|Cookie Miner Virus is a Backdoor|
|Trojan Dropped by Cookie Miner Virus are Email-Worm.Warezov!sd5, RBBS Trojan, Pykspa.D, Trojan.Spy.Wagiclas.A, Mal/Phish-A, Virus.Koobface.N, Trojan.Win32.Larchik.v, Autorun.BZ, Purstiu.A, Troj/Mdrop-CCL, Mal/Dotter-A|
|Related spyware PCPandora, YazzleSudoku, NetSky, Rootkit.Podnuha, Spyware.BrodcastDSSAGENT, Email Spy Monitor 2009, Worm.Edibara.A, MultiPassRecover, SpyWarp, WinSpyControl|
|Windows Error caused by Cookie Miner Virus are – 0x00000096, 0xf081D CBS_E_CYCLE_EVALUATION Watchlist: cycle appears when planning component intended state., Error 0xC1900101 – 0x30018, 0x80244026 WU_E_PT_REGISTRATION_NOT_SUPPORTED Operation failed because Windows Update Agent does not support registration with a non-WSUS server., 0x80240008 WU_E_ITEMNOTFOUND The key for the item queried could not be found., 0x80240004 WU_E_NOT_INITIALIZED The object could not be initialized., 0x0000006A, 0x00000067, 0x8024000D WU_E_XML_MISSINGDATA Windows Update Agent could not find required information in the update’s XML data., 0x80248005 WU_E_DS_INVALIDTABLENAME A table could not be opened because the table is not in the data store., 0x00000037|
|Cookie Miner Virus infects these windows .dll files kbdgeoer.dll, pmspl.dll, dmusic.dll, cimwin32.dll, pid.dll, basesrv.dll, mstime.dll, wfapigp.dll, FirewallAPI.dll, dnsext.dll, qasf.dll, fde.dll, mcstore.dll|
How Can One Remove Cookie Miner Virus From PC
Everything was fine till last night. Today as I opened my PC I got an alert message to update Adobe Reader. As it is an application which I use frequently therefore I accepted the terms and condition to update it in a hurry. But suddenly I came to notice that Cookie Miner Virus has also get installed in my PC due to the fake update done by me. I was alerted by my antivirus program about its entry, but it was not able to trace its location. Cookie Miner Virus is now creating problems for me to work properly. Someone please help me to come out of this situation.
Threat Summary Of Cookie Miner Virus
|Name||Cookie Miner Virus|
|Symptoms||Generates unwanted search results, pop-ups ad, makes certain applications inaccessible|
|Distribution Channel||Spam email messages|
Concise Explanation Of Cookie Miner Virus
Cookie Miner Virus is an unwanted program which belongs to the family of trojan that capable to alters your browsing experience by generating some unwanted and irrelevant search results, increases traffic to some advertisements sites by which it earns for its developer on the basis of pay-per-click. The family bombarded by Cookie Miner Virus performs different functions such as downloading updates which are generally fake updates which help the trojan to add more dangerous malware to your computer.
Cookie Miner Virus is developed using some potential algorithm which makes it difficult for your antivirus to detect and remove it easily. If it manages to persist for a long duration in your PC it can corrupt some program files which can make certain application inaccessible. It may also register a new entry in your Window’s registry using which it will automatically initiate itself each time you reboot your system. It is also capable of stealing your personal data like user id, password, banking details and many more. As it increases the utilization of CPU by downloading junk files which covers all the remaining memory of the computer results in system hang or collapse.
How Cookie Miner Virus Enters Your PC?
Cookie Miner Virus enters into your PC at the time you open an attachment to an spam email. Spam email makes you aggressive and anxious to know about the underlying information in the mail, if you get tricked by the trojan to open the attachment your system will soon be injected by Cookie Miner Virus. It may also intrude into your PC at the time of downloading updates of some software from the sites which don’t have good reputation.
Steps to Remove Cookie Miner Virus
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Cookie Miner Virus
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Cookie Miner Virus
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Cookie Miner Virus and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Cookie Miner Virus
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Cookie Miner Virus and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Cookie Miner Virus. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Cookie Miner Virus related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Cookie Miner Virus, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Cookie Miner Virus Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Cookie Miner Virus Running Processes.
- Right Click on Cookie Miner Virus and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Cookie Miner Virus Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Cookie Miner Virus and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Cookie Miner Virus Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Cookie Miner Virus, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!