Explanation Of Play N Start Extension
Play N Start Extension is a potentially unwanted program which is very harmful for the computer and irritate user by several means. It has infected 42 PCs till now. It is also known as Play N Start Plus. The URL is represented as playnsearch.com. It is found on the Google's web store. The website contains a attractive message for the users on it's web page which is like “We focus on creating useful and better products for Chrome users. Our extensions will make your everyday browsing experience easier, faster and enjoyable. We are sure you will find them very useful and practical. You can add these extensions from Chrome Store, always free and always easy to add.”
The website looks very attractive and having different kinds of choices to click on the button which is as “Add to Chrome”. There are four buttons on the websites which has four different boxes. These all boxes contains same content as “Play N Search Plus – Easily find new movies.” when you click on all buttons the web store opens same URL but having different number in this like getplaynsearch1.com, getplaynsearch2.com, getplaynsearch3.com and getplaynsearch4.com. These all have different images on web store but when you open these URLs you will redirected to the original website of Play N Start Extension.
Play N Start Extension reconfigures the new tab and add a search by Yahoo which is impossible target to eliminate. After it get installed into the PC, it causes the redirection to livesports.today. It enables the browser notification and produces a bunch of messages from this redirected website.
Distribution Methods And Other Unwanted Activities Of The Play N Start Extension
Play N Start Extension can distribute by different techniques like spam email attachments, peer to peer network file transfer, freeware downloads, shareware, drive by downloads and so on. Actually, such types of techniques are purposive in the scene on penetrating the malign code which can harm your system. They also earn profit from such techniques.
Play N Start Extension when completely install in your PC, it starts to show lots of undesirable pop-up ads, deceptive adverts, banners, suspicious links and other promotional objects. The default browser will start to show various types of fake advertisements and pop-ups that will make your browsing experience very low.
Preventive Measures From Play N Start Extension
Your system can be prevented by the following techniques which are so helpful and effective for major protection of the PC.
- Always turn on the firewall protection of your Windows computer.
- Always run the essential updates regularly and the service packs also including the software and programs.
- Run antivirus program in a week
- Turn on pop-up blocker
- You should not open the suspicious email which you have never seen before or unknown about it.
- Be careful if you are using messenger service while transferring the files through it.
- Be careful while downloading the files from internet.
- Always scan the external drive files before storing your system.
- Regularly run the disk clean up, defragmentation, and registry scanner which is found in drive C:
Learn To Remove Play N Start Extension Using Manual Methods
Phase 1 : Show Hidden Files To Delete Play N Start Extension Related Files And Folders
1. For Windows 8 or 10 Users : From the Ribbon’s View in My PC click on Options icon.
2. For Windows 7 or Vista Users : Open My Computer and tap on Organize button on the upper left corner and then to Folder and Search Options from the drop down menu.
3. Now go to the View tab and enable Show hidden files and folder options and then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files checkbox option below.
4. Finally look for any suspicious files in the hidden folders as given below and delete it.
Phase 2 : Get Rid of Play N Start Extension Related Extensions Related From Different Web Browsers
From Chrome :
1. Click on Menu icon, hover through More Tools then tap on Extensions.
2. Now click on Trash icon on the extensions tab there next to suspicious extensions to remove it.
From Internet Explorer :
1. Click on Manage add-ons option from the drop down menu on going through Gear icon.
2. Now if you find any suspicious extension in the Toolbars and Extensions panel then right click on it and Delete option to remove it.
From Mozilla Firefox :
1. Tap on Add-ons on going through Menu icon.
2. In the Extensions tab click on Disable or Remove button next to Play N Start Extension related extensions to remove them.
From Opera :
1. Press Opera menu, hover to Extensions and then select Extensions manager there.
2. Now if any browser extension looks suspicious to you then click on (X) button to remove it.
From Safari :
1. Click Preferences… on going through Settings Gear icon.
2. Now on Extensions tab click on Uninstall button to remove it.
From Microsoft Edge :
Note:–As there is no option for Extension Manager in Microsoft Edge so in order to sort out issues related with adware programs in MS Edge you can change its default homepage and search engine.
Change Default Homepage of Ms Edge –
1. Click on More(…) followed by Settings and then to Start page under Open With section.
2. Now select View advanced settings button and then in Search in the address bar with section, you can select Google or any other homepage as your preference.
Change Default Search Engine Settings of Ms Edge –
1. Select More(…) then Settings followed by View advanced settings button.
2. Under Search in the address bar with box click on <Add new>. Now you can choose from the available list of search providers or add you preferred search engine and click Add as default.
Phase 3 : Block Unwanted Pop-ups from Play N Start Extension On Different Web Browsers
1. Google Chrome : Click Menu icon → Settings → Show advanced settings… → Content Settings… under Privacy section → enable Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended) option → Done.
2. Mozilla Firefox : Tap on Menu icon → Options → Content panel → check Block pop-up windows in Pop-ups section.
3. Internet Explorer : Click Gear Settings icon → Internet Options → in Privacy tab enable Turn on Pop-up Blocker under Pop-up Blocker Section.
4. Microsoft Edge : Press More(…) option → Settings → View advanced settings → toggle on Block pop-ups.
Still having troubles in removing Play N Start Extension from your compromised PC ? Then you don’t need to worry. You can feel free to ask questions to us about malware related issues.