Brief Discussion On SmokeLoader Trojan
SmokeLoader Trojan is a harmful virus and classified under the InfoStealer. It is program which is used to collect important information. It works for the big organization and in-habitat the management positions. Threat actors generally used the services of third party which is generally developed by the custom trickbot versions. This trickbot is set of a crafted Microsoft Word Document by the creators. This document installs the downloader that connect to the remote server which is known as trickbot trojan. It downloads SmokeLoaderin the memory of the system. It exploit the vulnerability as CVE-2018-8174 in Internet Explorer. This vulnerability allows PROPagate technique where crooks use teh API of SetWindowSubclass to load the code into the Internet Explorer. Moreover, in May 2018, microsoft has covered CVE-2018-8174.
SmokeLoader Trojan possess the 4 plugins which are:
1. 2,000 functions which grab browser cookies, credentials and statistics from the browser like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox.
2. It search files on the local disk and shared the folder. This trojan virus upload the files to the remote server which receive command.
3. This trojan virus is designed to copy the browser cookies which get transmitted over the HTTPS and HTTP.
4. This virus is reported to load a hook of ws2_32!WSASend and ws2_32!send.
The Tricky Method By Which SmokeLoader Trojan Penetrate Into Your System
SmokeLoader Trojan penetrate into the system through the spam mail attachments, peer to peer file transfer network, drive by downloads, unpatched software, social media, online ads etc.
What Are The Harmful Behaviors Of SmokeLoader Trojan Which Damage Your PC
SmokeLoader Trojan shows the hazardous symptoms which can give very bad impacts to your PC. There are several unwanted behaviors of SmokeLoader Trojan which are as follows:
Your computer will start yo act as a mad. It means that your system starts to send emails by its own. The library files of some programs will get disappeared. Your computer start to speak a strange language. The screen will appear back to front. The antivirus will also get disappeared and firewall protection will get disabled. Your files will get encrypted or it may be possible that it ca be deleted by this SmokeLoader Trojan. When you will connect to your internet, it will start to open all types of windows. The browser page will also display which you have not requested earlier. You will be sometime unable to connect the internet or it may runs very slowly. Your applications will start and system may start to run very slowly. It also give pop-ups and message on your desktop.
The Hazardous Impacts Of SmokeLoader Trojan
SmokeLoader Trojan is very harmful for your system. It gives the chance to the cyber crooks that they can easily watch your all activities and grab the important data from your computer. You will not only lose your vital data but also face troubles to keep those vital information safe. So, you should take care of your PC and remove SmokeLoader Trojan as early as possible. You can follow the guideline here to get quick solution to get rid of this virus from your computer permanently.
How to Remove SmokeLoader Trojan from Compromised PC (Manual Steps)
(This guide is intended to help users in following Step by Step instructions in making Windows Safe)
The first step which need to be followed is to Restart Windows PC in Safe Mode
Reboot in Safe Mode (For Windows XP | Vista | Win7)
- Restart Computer
- Tap on F8 continuously when the PC starts booting and select the option to enter Safe Mode with Networking.
For Windows 8/8.1
- Press on the Start Button and then Choose Control Panel from the menu option
- Users need to opt for System and Security, to select Administrative Tools and then System Configuration.
3. Next, Click on the Safe Boot option and then choose OK, this will open a pop-up window, next Select Restart Option.
For Windows 10
- Start Menu is to be selected to Open it
- Press the power button icon which is present in the right corner, this will display power options menu.
- Keeping the SHIFT Key pressed on the keyboard, select the restart option. This will reboot Win 10
- Now you need to select the Troubleshoot icon, followed by advanced option in the startup Settings. Click on Restart. This will give the option to reboot, now select Enter Safe Mode with Networking.
Step 2. Uninstall SmokeLoader Trojan from Task Manager on Windows
How to End the Running Process related to SmokeLoader Trojan using Task Manager
- Firstly, Open Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc in Combination
- Next, Click on processes to Find SmokeLoader Trojan
- Now Click and select End Process to terminate SmokeLoader Trojan.
Step3: How to Uninstall SmokeLoader Trojan from Control Panel on Windows
for Win XP| Vista and Win 7 Users
- Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Control Panel is to be selected from the list
- Next Click on Uninstall Program
- Users need to Choose suspicious program related to SmokeLoader Trojan and right clicking on it.
- Finally, Select Uninstall option.
For Win 8
- Click and Select “Charms bar”
- Now Select Settings Option
- Next Click on Control Panel
- Select on Uninstall a Program Option and right click on program associated to SmokeLoader Trojan and finally uninstall it.
For Windows 10
- The first Step is to Click and Select on Start Menu
- Now Click on All Apps
- Choose SmokeLoader Trojan and other suspicious program from the complete list
- Now right Click on to select SmokeLoader Trojan and finally Uninstall it from Windows 10
Step: 4 How to Delete SmokeLoader Trojan Created Files from Registry
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Windows Search Field and then press on Enter.
- This will open the registry entries. Now users need to press CTRL + F together and type SmokeLoader Trojan to find the entries.
- Once located, delete all SmokeLoader Trojan named entries. If you are unable to find it, you need to look up for it on the directories manually. Be careful and delete only SmokeLoader Trojan entries, else it can damage your Windows Computer severely.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—–Random Directory. HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—-Windows—CurrentVersion—Run– Random HKEY_CURRENT_USER—-Software—Microsoft—Internet Explorer—-Main—- Random
Still having any problem in getting rid of SmokeLoader Trojan, or have any doubt regarding this, feel free to ask our experts.