Complete Information About Backdoor.GhostAdmin
Backdoor.GhostAdmin is a recently discovered malware program which falls into the category of perilous Trojan program. Being compatible with all the latest versions of Windows OS, it is basically an updated version of another botnet dubbed as ‘CrimeScene’ that was in working phase around 3-4 years ago. It is utilized in recruiting the victims into a disastrous botnet and stealing their credential stuff.
This Trojan infection has been reported targeting both the individual users and companies, aiming at harvesting confidential stuff from the victims and then recruiting them to a worldwide botnet network. From there onwards, the compromised host is used regarding numerous vicious purposes. Some of them are mentioned below :
- Data Stolen – Researches reveal that data stealing is one of the most important of this Trojan infection. The infection is capable of draining out victims personal contents from their infected machines.
- Direct DDoS Attacks – According to security analysts, the botnet networks cumulate their combined network bandwidth and initiate propagation of denial of service () attacks which can further take down servers and entire networks resulting in disruption.
- Payload Delivery – The threat can get utilized to download and install several additional malicious infections to the compromised systems.
Backdoor.GhostAdmin has been notified scripted in the C# programming language and it’s version index is 2.0. According to security analysts, the author of this menacing Trojan infection (who is known under the alias of Jarad) has tested the virus on his own machine and researches have somehow luckily managed to grab the screenshot of their particular desktop. On the system, data from the infected victims has been found including a lottery company, an Internet cafe. Furthermore, on the basis of the size of the archives, the threat has been concluded including potential of extracting massive amount of data (i.e., around 368 Gigabytes). Apart from all this, it also poses several other disastrous actions in the system. So regarding a normal PC’s working experience, it is undoubtedly very important to remove this threat quickly from the PC.
Distribution Of Backdoor.GhostAdmin
Backdoor.GhostAdmin mainly spreads itself among the targeted computer systems via vicious download sites and spam email messages. Besides from this, often lurks via contaminated USB drives, online games etc.
How Backdoor.GhostAdmin Harms The PC ?
Backdoor.GhostAdmin on acquiring successful intrusion inside the system, first of all takes complete control over the entire system and then sets up a remote control Trojan module accepting commands from a remote vicious IRC channel. Now, in accordance with them, the remote attackers issues numerous commands of which some are listed below :
Moreover, makes the system’s speed extremely slow and sluggish via eating up huge amount of system resources. Therefore in order to keep the computer system at an appropriate magnitude of distance from such issues, a quick eradication of Backdoor.GhostAdmin is needed.
Steps to Delete Backdoor.GhostAdmin
Step: 1 Restart your Windows PC in Safe Mode
Find the complete details on how to Reboot your PC in Safe Mode (if you are a novice, follow the above given instructions on how to boot up your PC in Safe mode irrespective of the Windows Version that is being used as Windows XP, 7, Win 8, 8.1 and Windows 10)
Step:2 Remove Backdoor.GhostAdmin from Task Manager
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL simulataneously to open Task manager. Find Backdoor.GhostAdmin Related processes or any other suspicious processes that are running on it. Now Select and delete Backdoor.GhostAdmin virus from Task Manager at once.
Step:3 How to Delete Backdoor.GhostAdmin Related Startup Items
Press Win + R together and Type “msconfig”.
Now press Enter Key or Select OK.
“Startup” option is to be selected on the Pop-up Window Tab
Now Search for Backdoor.GhostAdmin Related applications on Startup Items
Now Uncheck all Unknown or Suspicious items from “System Configuration” related to Backdoor.GhostAdmin
Now Click and Select Restart to Start your Computer in Normal Mode
Step: 4 How to Delete Backdoor.GhostAdmin from Windows Registry
- Press Win + R in combination to Open Run Box, Type regedit on the search box and press enter.
- This will Open the registry entries.
- Find Backdoor.GhostAdmin related entries from the list and carefully delete it. However be careful and do not delete any other entries as this could severely damage the Windows Component.
Also, after completing the above steps, it is important to search for any folders and files that has been created by Backdoor.GhostAdmin and if found must be deleted.
Step 5 How to View Hidden Files and Folders Created by Backdoor.GhostAdmin
- Click on the Start Menu
- Go to Control Panel, and Search for folder Options
- Click on view hidden files and folders Options, For your convenience, we have included complete process on how to unhide files on all Windows Version. This will delete all the files and folders associated with Backdoor.GhostAdmin that was existing on your compromised system.
Still, if you are unable to get rid of GhostAdmin using manual steps, you need to scan your PC to detect Backdoor.GhostAdmin.
View the Following Video Guide to Terminate Backdoor.GhostAdmin from PC
Don’t forget to submit your questions or any other queries if you have and get complete solution from our Expert’s Panel. Good Luck!