This guide is all about a newly identified malicious backdoor named Backdoor.Hawkball.A that mainly targeted Russian speaking government users in the Central Asia. To get in-depth information of this malware and it's deletion solution, keep reading this tutorial guide till the end.
|Threat Profile of Backdoor.Hawkball.A|
|Discovered On||June 08, 2019|
|Mainly Target||Russian speaking countries and government entitled in Central Asia|
|Related||Trojan:HTML/FakeAlert, Facebook virus, We Have Detected A Trojan Virus etc.|
|Description||Backdoor.Hawkball.A is another worst member of malware family used by hackers to bypass authentication or encryption of system.|
|Occurrences||Exploit kits, spam campaigns, infected macros, bundling method, pirated software, contaminated devices, hacked domain etc.|
|Removal Recommendation||To delete Backdoor.Hawkball.A successfully from your PC, you must use Windows Scanner Tool.|
Detailed Information of Backdoor.Hawkball.A & It's Removal Solution
Backdoor.Hawkball.A can be found under Hawkball name that falls under Trojan category. This malware is mainly appearing to target the entities of Government in Central Asia and Russian speaking countries. Since, it is a backdoor malware, so it also capable to import malware into contaminated machine. After importing malware, it immediately starts to collect all data stored on victimized machine. It's hackers often uses a malicious file to work and transported this malware. The dubious file is mainly appeared to be come from the terrorists organization centered on the ex Eastern Bloc republics. Opening of any malicious file delivers Backdoor.Hawkball.A on your PC and initiates endless issues.
Reasons Behind The Deletion of Backdoor.Hawkball.A Immediately From Targeted PCs
As soon as Backdoor.Hawkball.A invades inside the targeted machine successfully, Backdoor.Hawkball.A communicates with server of command and control through HTTP, exports user's sensitive detail from victim's machine including OS version, system as well as network configuration detail, IP address, username, bank account details, architecture details, System's name and many more.
Besides, it creates mutexes to prevent several instances of itself from the automatic execution. Before naming the mutexes, it decides whether Backdoor.Hawkball.A is executing in role of Computer profile or not. There are hundreds of malevolent actions performed by Backdoor.Hawkball.A which as a result it doesn't only dangers user's privacy but also ruins affected machine badly. To keep PC and valuable data safe for longer time, the deletion of Backdoor.Hawkball.A is highly recommended.
Steps to Remove Backdoor.Hawkball.A
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Backdoor.Hawkball.A
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Backdoor.Hawkball.A
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Backdoor.Hawkball.A and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Backdoor.Hawkball.A
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Backdoor.Hawkball.A and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Backdoor.Hawkball.A. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Backdoor.Hawkball.A related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Backdoor.Hawkball.A, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Backdoor.Hawkball.A Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Backdoor.Hawkball.A Running Processes.
- Right Click on Backdoor.Hawkball.A and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Backdoor.Hawkball.A Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Backdoor.Hawkball.A and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Backdoor.Hawkball.A Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Backdoor.Hawkball.A, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!