This article is specially for those user who want to delete Cron from the affected computer system. Hence, properly read and follow all the removal steps provided at the bottom of this section.
|Threat’s Type||Trojan Horse|
|Affected System||XP, 10, Vista, Win 32/64, 7, 8/8.1 etc.|
|Infected Web Browser||Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera.|
|Spreading Techniques||Click commercial ads embedded malicious codes, pirated media, free file hosting websites etc.|
Introduction To Cron
Cron is a deadly computer infection which can be categorized under the Trojans Horse family. This is an Android Banking Trojan that can efficiently pollutes Windows Operating System such as 7, Vista, 10, XP, 8/8.1, Win 32/64 etc and various famous Web Browser Search Engines like Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge etc. It is a Russian based hacking tool which quickly gained popularity which can gather about $100 from each victimized users. The chief motive behind the designing of this hacking tool by the attackers is to extract huge amount of illegal profitable revenue from the users of the infected machines. It may actually uses some phishing emails and text messages that attaches .APK file which can carry several payloads of the malware threat.
Character Sketch Of Cron
Cron is a recreant threat which can very silently gets encroached into the victimized computer system by using some distributive channels such as fake invoices, online gaming server, download free things from untrusted websites, corrupted external drives, software bundling method, fake software updater, click commercial ads embedded malicious codes, free file hosting websites, downloading torrents websites, email spam campaigns, hacked executable files, reading junked e-mail attachments etc. It can easily generate online money by using some schemes such as PPC (Pay Per Click) or PPD (Pay Per Download) techniques. The Russian Law enforcement authorities quickly took some preventive steps to stop the propagation of such notorious virus.
Negative Effects Caused By Cron
Cron is a nasty threat which can defraud the victim for making monetary benefits. It can deactivates all the security applications like firewall setting and anti-malware programs of the contaminated computer system. This is also capable of gathering all the crucial informations of the victim and which is shared with the third party for evil intension.
How To Uninstall Cron
It is an efficient way to uninstall Cron from the deceived computer system by using either manual or automatic removal steps.
Steps to Remove Cron
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Cron
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Cron
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Cron and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Cron
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Cron and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Cron. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Cron related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Cron, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Cron Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Cron Running Processes.
- Right Click on Cron and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Cron Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Cron and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Cron Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Cron, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!