These days, team of security experts have discovered a new ransomware named 24H Ransomware. . According to the researchers, it doesn't contain snippets from any malware families but it is possible that the future version of this ransomware is going to feature with the updated code that add some newer function. If you really want to get complete information of 24H Ransomware and its perfect deletion guide then keep reading this post completely.
Summary of 24H Ransomware
|Name of Threat||24H Ransomware|
|Danger Level||Very High|
|Discovered on||July 06, 2018|
|Mainly Target||Zambia System users|
|Ransom Fee||0.24 Bitcoin|
|Email Address||'[email protected]' and '[email protected]'|
|To delete 24H Ransomware and decrypt files, users must download Windows Scanner Tool inside their PC.|
All Crucial Facts of 24H Ransomware That You Must Know
24H Ransomware is a new ransomware infection identified by the security researchers on July 06, 2018. According to the researchers, it mainly compromise the System users who live in Zambia but it doesn't mean that it cannot affect the other System users. Liker other ransomware it also compromise the Window machine silently when System user accesses the corrupt MS Word file. Besides, it may also infect your System when you download any dubious attachment, open any spam messages, install any pirated software, visit any hacked or gambling site etc. It is really very hard to say that who is behind the 24H Ransomware because there is no any identifiable characteristics and threat landscape.
Encryption Procedure Performed By 24H Ransomware
As soon as 24H Ransomware enters inside the machine silently, it uses custom AES cipher algorithm to encrypt users stored files. It is crafted by its developers in such a way that it can easily encode almost all data such as images, text files, videos, audios, PDFs, documents, databases, eBooks and many more. The enciphered objects of this ransomware can be easily noticed because it uses .24H file extension to lock files and after that it generates a pair of the unique file encryption and decryption for infected users.
Don't Pay Ransom Demanded Fee To 24H Ransomware Developers
Once 24H Ransomware perform the encryption procedure successfully, it delivers a ransom message entitled as ReadME-24.txt to desktop screen that asks victims to pay 0.24 bitcoin in order to get files back. But team of security experts don't encourage System users to contact with developers of 24H Ransomware. Instead of paying ransom demanded fee, team of security analysts are strictly advised victims to get rid of 24H Ransomware. Follow the below mentioned 24H Ransomware removal instruction as in exact order.
Remove 24H Ransomware From Your PC
Step 1: Remove 24H Ransomware in Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- First of all disconnect your PC with network connection.
- Click restart button and keep pressing F8 key regularly while system restart.
- You will see “Windows Advanced Options Menu” on your computer screen.
- Select “Safe Mode with Command Prompt” and press Enter key.
- You must login your computer with Administrator account for full privilege.
- Once the Command Prompt appears then type rstrui.exe and press Enter
- Now follow the prompts on your screen to complete system restore.
Step 2: Remove 24H Ransomware using MSConfig in Safe Mode:
- Power off your computer and restart again.
- While booting press the “F8 key” continuously to open “Windows Advanced Options Menu”.
- Use the arrow keys to select “Safe Mode” option and press Enter key.
- Once system get started go to Start menu. Type “msconfig” in the search box and launch the application.
- Go to the Startup tab and look for files from %AppData% or %Temp% folders using rundll32.exe. See an example below:
- Disable all the malicious entries and save the changes.
- Now restart your computer normally.
Step 3 : Kill Malicious Process Related To 24H Ransomware
- Press Alt+Ctrl+Del buttons together.
- It will open the Task manager on your screen.
- Go to Process Tab and find 24H Ransomware related process.
- Click the End Process Now button to stop the running process.
Step 4 : Remove 24H Ransomware Virus From Registry Entry
- Press “Windows + R” key together to open Run Box.
- Type “regedit” and click OK button.
- Find and remove 24H Ransomware related entries.
Now hopefully you have completely removed the 24H Ransomware virus from your computer. If you are still get ransom message from the threat or unable to access your files, then it means that virus still remain into your computer. In such situation you don’t have any other option except removing this virus using any powerful malware removal tool.
Whereas if you have any backup of your infected or encrypted files, then you can also reinstall your Windows OS. This will erase all your files and data as along with the 24H Ransomware infection. You will get a completely empty computer system with no files. Now you can use your backup to get your files. If you don’t have any backup then using malware removal tool is a better option for you.
If you have any query or question regarding your computer, then you can easily ask your problem to our experts. Go to the Ask Any Question page and get the answer for your query directly from out experts.