An Overview Of Cosol Trojan
Cosol Trojan is a harmful and hazardous threat which penetrate into the system silently and use the name as Backdoor.Cosol. It performs the nasty activities at the background. The malware researcher explain that it is hard to detect and capable to hide itself for a long period of time. According to the experts it can do the following tasks:
- It can open the backdoor to different kinds of threats
- It provides the remote control of the infected system to the hackers
- Log the keystrokes to gain password credentials and log-ins
Ways That Will Infect Your System Through Cosol Trojan
Cosol Trojan is very viscous and it can fully damage your PC. It infects the system via spam email attachments, peer to peer file transfer network, drive by downloads, unpatched software, online ads, social media etc.
Hazardous Symptoms Of Cosol Trojan
- Cosol Trojan provides different kinds of hazardous behavior and provide a critical situation that you will not access your computer perfectly.
- It will slow down your system and fully make it sluggish to respond.
- Your computer begins to give error message and pop-ups.
- Application will not start properly.
- You will not connect to the internet and it also runs very slowly.
- When you will connect to the internet, all types of windows will start to open and the browser pages will show that yu have not requested.
- Your files will get deleted or encrypted or it may move one place to another.
- The antivirus and firewall protection will get disable.
- The system start to provide strange language and screen appears back to front.
- Library files of different kinds of programs like running games will disappeared.
- The system initiate to act to its own.
Why Is Cosol Trojan So Dangerous?
Cosol Trojan when penetrate into your system, it starts its activities. It provides the opportunity to the hackers that they can monitor your online activities. They grab your important information to make money. You may lose your significant files and get major loss. So, it is advice here that you must follow the guideline here to remove Cosol Trojan as early as possible.
Some Preventive Actions Which Can Help To Protect Your PC From Cosol Trojan
You may install and update the antivirus program in such situation. You should run the updated antivirus software. You may keep the operating system up to date. It may provide the strong and multiple password everywhere. One thing you can also do that you should save your files in Google hard drive.
Steps to Remove Cosol Trojan
Step 1>> How to Boot Windows in Safe Mode to isolate Cosol Trojan
Step 2>> How to View Hidden Files created by Cosol Trojan
for Windows XP
- Exit all Program and Go to Desktop
- Select My Computer icon and Double Click to Open it
- Click on the Tools Menu and now select and Click on Folder Options.
- Select on View Tab that appears in New Window.
- Check mark on the box next to Dispaly the Contents of System Folders
- Now Check the box in order to Show Hidden Files and Folders
- Now press on Apply and OK to close the Window.
- As soon as these steps are performed, you can view the files and folders that were created by Cosol Trojan and hidden till now.
for Windows Vista
- Minimize all Window and Go to Desktop
- Click on the Start Button which can be found in lower lef Corner having Windows Logo
- Click on the Control Panel on the Menu and Open it
- Control Panel can be opened in Classic View or Control Panel Home View.
- If you have Selected Classic View, follow this
- Double Click on the Folder icon to open it
- Now select the view tab
- Click on Option to Show Hidden Files or Folders
- If you have Selected Control Panel Home View, follow this
- Appearance and Personalization link is to be Clicked
- Select on Show Hidden Files or Folders
- Press Apply Option and then Click on OK.
This will Show all the Folders including those created by Cosol Trojan
Know how to view Hidden Folders on Windows 7, Win 8 and Windows 10
(Following the above steps are necessary to view all the files created by Cosol Trojan and that is known to exist on Compromised PC.)
- Open the Run Box by holding together the Start Key and R.
- Now Type and input appwiz.cpl and press on OK
- This will take you to the Control Panel, Now Search for Suspicious programs or any entries related to Cosol Trojan. Unistall it once if you happen to find it. However be sure not to Uninstall any other program from the list.
- In the Search Field, Type msconfig and press on Enter, this will pop-up a Window
In the Startup Menu, Uncheck all the Cosol Trojan related entries or which are Unknown as Manufacturer.
Step 3>> Open the Run Box by Pressing Start Key and R in Combination
- Copy + Paste the following Command as
- notepad %windir%/system32/Drivers/etc/hosts and press on OK
- This will Open a new file. If your system has been hacked by Cosol Trojan, certain IP’s will be displayed which can be found in the bottom of the screen.
Look for the suspicious IP that is present in your Localhost
Step 4>> How to Terminate Cosol Trojan Running Processes
- Go the Processes Tab by pressing on CTRL+SHIFT+ESC Keys Together.
- Look for the Cosol Trojan Running Processes.
- Right Click on Cosol Trojan and End the Process.
Step 5>> How to Remove Cosol Trojan Related Registry Entries
- Open Registry by Typing Regedit in the Run box and Hit Enter Key
- This will open all the list of entries.
- Now Find and search the entries created by Cosol Trojan and cautiously delete it.
- Alternatively, you can manually search for it in the list to delete Cosol Trojan Manually.
Unfortunately, if you are unable to remove Cosol Trojan, Scan your PC Now
Also submit question and let us know in case you are having some doubt. Our Experts will definitely respond with some positive suggestions for the same. Thanks!