Are you facing esrv.exe application error (0xc0000142)? Have you no idea what is it and why it appears in your PC? Searching for an appropriate guide to fix esrv.exe application error (0xc0000142)? If so, you are absolutely landed at the right page. Here, you will know about esrv.exe application error (0xc0000142) and an effective solution through which you can easily fix this error message.
Quick Glance of ESRV.EXE Application Error (0xc0000142)
Esrv.exe application error (0xc0000142) is an error message faced by almost all System user. The real esrv.exe, an executable file mainly belongs to the Sony Corporation and it works as an integral part of the VAIO Care software but ESRV.EXE application error (0xc0000142) is not related to the Sony. As per the depth analysis researchers report, the location of esrv.exe is C:\\Program Files\Intel Driver Update Utility\\SUR\\x64, so it seems that the issue is related to the Intel Driver and its updates.
Solution To Fix ESRV.EXE Application Error (0xc0000142)
Tips 1 : Update Your Intel Driver Update Tool
- Start your Windows PC.
- Go to System settings option.
- Press Win + I and then click on Devices.
- Now a page will be opened on your screen, scroll-down and choose Device Manager option.
- On next window, click on entry and locate Intel Driver Update Utility.
- Launch it and click on Update button.
- Lastly restart your System.
Tips 2 : Uninstall Your Intel Driver Update Utility
- Start your PC and go to Control Panel.
- To start Control Panel, press Win+R key together, type control panel in Run box and then hit on Enter key.
- On the next appeared window, go to Category.
- Click on the Programs and Features option.
- From the appeared list, locate Intel Driver Update Utility.
- Then click on Uninstall option.
- Now follow the on-screen instruction until the uninstall procedure is completed.
Tips 3 : Delete Malicious Programs From Your PC
If somehow you are getting ESRV.EXE Application Error (0xc0000142) on your Windows PC then first of all you must open the Task Manager and check whether Esrv.exe processes are executing or not. If there are several programs are executing then it is clear that your PC is compromised with several malicious program under the ESRV.EXE file name. So, stop this processes and scan your PC with an excelled anti-virus tool to delete all malicious programs.
Tips 4 : Check Your Proxy Settings
- Start your PC, click on the Windows key > type cmd > press on Enter key.
- On appeared search results right-click on it and choose Run as Administrator option.
- A command prompt will appear on your screen, type netsh winhttp show proxy and press on Enter key.
- But if Command Prompt doesn’t display any error then it is clear that there are no any issues related to Proxy in your PC.