DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN is an error which usually indicates a non-existent domain. In other words, we can say that it cannot find the IP address corresponding to the domain name. Thus, the users mainly receive this error message or face such problem on Google Chrome and are unable to reach the website they are trying to access it. As experts have realized that this issue might appear due to DNS misconfiguration or faulty Internet settings on your computer. However, DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN error typically appears on the Google Chrome web browser. As this issue might bother on Windows, Mac or Android OS users too. However, in some of the cases, the source of DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error window is the computer’s laptop’s or smartphone’s firewall. So, therefore, it might be blocking the website from loading. In such a case, you will need to change your system’s DNS settings to connect it with the Public DNS.
Manual Guide To Fix Error code: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Problem In Easy Step
Guide 1: Reset Winsock program
Winsock basically manages the input and output requests for Internet applications on Windows. Therefore, resetting it might help to fix or get rid of DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN problem.
- Step 1: Open Windows search box and enter cmd.
- Step 2: Right-click on the Command Prompt in the results and choose Run as administrator.
- Step 3: After then in the Command Prompt enter the netsh winsock reset and click Enter key.
- Step 4: Wait till Windows completes the command and then restart the system.
Guide 2: Execute commands In Command Prompt
- Step 1: At first click Start and go to Windows search box.
- Step 2: Type cmd in the search box and right-click on the result. Select Run as administrator.
- Step 3: In the Command Prompt type the following commands and press enter key after entering each one of them.
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
NOTE: Run these above given commands one by one.
Once these commands are executed, then restart the system and check if the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN still exists there.
Guide 3: Reset DNS Client Service To Fix The Error
- Step 1: Press Ctrl + R buttons altogether.
- Step 2: In Run window type Services.msc and press OK button.
- Step 3: Find DNS Client and right-click on it and select Reset.
Guide 4: Change TCP/IP4 Proxy Settings
- Step 1: Firstly open Network and Sharing Centre and select Change adapter settings.
- Step 2: Then locate for your Network Connection provider in Local Area Connection or Wireless Connection and choose Properties by right-clicking on the icon.
- Step 3: Now opt for the Internet Protocol (4 TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
- Step 4: Use the following DNS server addresses option and then type in 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199.
- Step 5: Once done with all these steps, click OK and close all the active windows.
These above-mentioned guide will help you to fix error code: DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Problem. However, if you still experience problems trying to solve this issue by taking help of technical support.